“Poor food”
Review of Mai Thai

Mai Thai
Reserve with
Mai Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,319 of 18,356 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Too expensive and not worth it. I had a grilled beef with sauce. Paid 18 euro' s and all i got was a sliced beefstake. Nothing more. We had to order rice with chopped vegetables (8 euro) otherwise i would have left the restaurant still feeling hungry.

1  Thank Peter v

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We spoke english, so we were not offered the formula midday menu.
We ordered vegeterian soup ( good) spring rolls (so so minus) , asian sauce beef (raw and tastless, big minus) sweet and sour chichen (so so), shrimp rice (good) shared between us, tap water. Ended up paying 65? for two people!!!!!
A dissapointment.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went there with other 6 friends. The environment is nice, clean and calm. The waiters are good as well. We ordered one enter to share among us and a main course for everybody. The quality is good and the presentation as well. We left the restaurant full. The bill was good because we spent 20 euro per person. A good alternative if you are tired of all the french restaurants in Paris. I suggest to reserve in advance.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

First let me say that I know very little about Thai cuisine so cannot comment on the authenticity of the food at this restaurant. What I do know is that the ingredients seemed fresh and everyone found their food tasty. We were a party of seven with a reservation: 6 adults and a 12 yr old girl. The restaurant isn't very large so I would highly recommend reserving. We were inside but it is an indoor/outdoor sort of place so even on a warm night was very pleasant.

Our group had a variety of starters from soup to vegetarian and everyone was pleased. Mine was particularly good and I should have stopped there. I am severely allergic to all things shrimp so I chose to eat vegetarian thinking that would save me; it didn't! I only realized after the fact that everyone's noodles looked exactly the same, so I suspect they all came out of the same pot and all had shrimp sauce on them. Therefore, avoid the noodles if you are a veggie. I will say, however, that the noodles were tasty; even the usually picky pre-teen enjoyed them.

Not being familiar with Thai food I forget the name of the individual dishes but basically our group had a wide range of shrimp, beef, and chicken dishes, some with & some without noodles and everyone enjoyed their food.

There seemed to be only 2 waitstaff and another person behind the bar/till, but these people worked a full restaurant like demons. Constantly on the move, unlike the 'lounging' waiters at Le Petit Zinc, they did their absolute best to keep food moving, drinks coming and all of their clientele happy.

So I would recommend this little restaurant near the Bastille (given the disclaimer re my knowledge of Thai food). It was a pleasant meal for all of us, some of whom are quite difficult to please.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not a bad restaurant by Paris and Thai standards. Perhaps we have been spoilt with real Thai food and cheap prices in Thailand. Service was excellent, prompt and friendly. Food was average, and a little expensive for what you get. No high chair for babies.