“Pizza & Pasta”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Regardless of the previous somewhat mediocre reviews, six of us had dinner with the recommendation of Le Mederian Hotel. A short walk around the corner for our last night in Paris. We all had a variety of pizza, pasta and appetizers. Everyone loved their meal and the service was great although we were there early and the restaurant was getting full as we were leaving. The house red wine was good, we had two bottles. And the tap water was good and free. All in all it was very good and we'd go back.

1  Thank Steve B

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Oh nooooo, another Italian restaurant for tourists. Sad to say, but needed. The service was ok; hurry hurry-eat and leave...I mean, the place was crowded and they wanted us to leave.
But the thing that was really sad was the food. Steak with gorgonzola is not the best mirror of italian cuisine...but it was on the menu. A nice shoe sole with blue cheese back taste.
The pasta "Alla Norma" was made with fake cheese and poorly cooked eggplants. The tiramisu was a sponge with a brushed mascarpone on top. Wine expansive...they wrote on the menu 2009 and gave us a 2012...I said nothing to see whether they were honest...Ops! No one word.
I mean, I am not a cook, and I am easy to please with basic, well mastered dishes. I spare the details on other dishes. let me just say that the ravioli were probably fresh from Carrefour!
I left with sadness in my heart because once again I have to write that Italian restaurant in big, international cities are a no-no-no-never again.

1  Thank tramonteL
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Upon the recommendation of the concierge at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etiole, we had dinner at La Casa di Sergio our last night in Paris. This is a quaint little Italian restaurant on the Avenue des Ternes. My wife has eggplant with pasta and I had a filet with green peppercorn sauce and pasta. both meals were very good, as were the house red and white wines. While the food was very good, the service, while friendly, was not particularly attentive. The ambiance was very nice. I would be inclined to try this restaurant again should I be in the area.

1  Thank CJTravelerTexas
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We found this place using tripadvisor and it was only 2 minutes from our hotel which was great after a long day in our feet in Paris! It took a while to receive any attention as they were very busy however once the owner had noticed us waiting we were seen to very quickly and attentively. Great menu, lots of choices, my calamari starter was simple but tasty, pasta was cooked to perfection. This meal was just what the dr ordered and will become a regular of ours as regular visitors to Paris.

1  Thank chibi123
Reviewed March 31, 2014

The place at the avenue de Ternes cannot be missed: red is the dominating colour. Go for the Fritto misto as an antipasto, it's the best one I had in years. very good also the meat and the choice of wines. The landlord, Sergio, makes you feel at ease and at home. Definitely my choice in Paris.

1  Thank JM G