“Great Chinese food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Mostly locals best Chinese in Paris great prices. No ambience but who cares for such good food. Awesome sweet and sour pork.

1  Thank chaserino
There are newer reviews for Iris

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Ok, first thing you should know is that Iris is famous for their lamb brochette (brochettes d'agneau). They are beyond excellent! You can also have them spicy if you prefer. Don't bother ordering the chicken brochette, not worth it.

Other dishes that you must try include:
- Marmite d’aubergine
- Marmite de bœuf à la sauce piquante
- Poulet sauté piquant à la façon Sichuan
- Bœuf grillé à la façon de Bashu

The food is simply delicious and the prices are reasonable. The service isn't great but no one cares because the food is so good. In my opinion this is affordable luxury that you can keep going back to. Bon ap!

3  Thank Lychee-Caprioska
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We came across this place after finding that Chez Vong was closed (on Sunday evening?!?) and decided to give it a try based on the fact that it was crowded inside.

The seating is tight and which makes the place understandably noisy, but the food was very tasty and worth the price.

The wait staff seems to be mostly teenage Asian girls, which may explain why, after trying to communicate in Mandarin, one of the girls slammed the menu down on our table, pointed to it and stomped away after some difficult efforts at trying to communicate in Mandarin.

Her Mandarin had a heavy French accent, which made it hard to understand her.

It's moments like this that make me regret not being to leave me my tip, or lack thereof, in recognition of such rudeness (the tip is built into the bill, so the incentive is to get me to order more expensive dishes, rather than doing a good job).

Later on, another waitress lost control of her drink glasses, and one smashed to the floor splattering glass up to 6 feet away. I had a glass shard land on me. Good thing it did not land on my food.

While this could happen at any restaurant, a dramatic scene like this, combined with the other's rudeness, indicates that the overall maturity level of the wait staff could use some serious improvement.

The food is good, the menu has good variety, the dishes came out quickly and the price is fair.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

simple place, common chineese food. main courses came before we finished starters. food is ok.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was skeptical, but when my friend assured me that I would love it, that he's eaten there with his Chinese friends, I said why not...

Boy was I surprised. We actually had to wait 10m to get a table on week night, and we were only 2 people.

From what I could see, everything was good. We had lamb skewers, (do not get HOT, get medium...) We had this pork thing, that looked horrible, but was so delicious. (They call it poitrine du porc - which is belly of the pork)...and a beef dish...Amazing.

Will definitely return.