“cote d'attende” 1 of 5 bubbles

Les Pipos
Ranked #1,293 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Description: Les Pipos is a journey back to real Parisian bistro culture. With a clientele composed of regulars, tourists, students from the Sorbonne and administrative workers from the French ministries across the street, there is always a convivial environment and interesting conversations going on at all times of the day. You can have a traditional french meal inspired from Auvergene, Normandy and the South of France at any time until 11pm on weekdays and 11h30pm on weekends. Les Pipos has a diverse and particular wine list for all tastes. We work with wine producers who are invested in exposing the simplicity and exquisite nature of french wines, many of which are organic (no sulfur). The owner prides himself in serving fresh produce, so makes all his purchases in Rungis (the largest fresh produce market near Paris) and has nothing delivered. All cuts of meat, fish and vegetables are hand-picked by the owner himself. There is live music every Friday and Saturday. It is best to reserve on the weekends to guarantee a table. Payments can be made by cash or credit cards (visa,mastercard, debit) but we do not accept American Express however.
London, United Kingdom
“cote d'attende”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Appallingly bad! On our way home we were trying to think of a time we ate worse for the same prize but we couldn't! We waited 1,5 hrs for our "cote de boeuf" only to be served with the most indescribably vile piece of beef either of us have ever experienced. If we need to think of anything good to say: The vine was excellent, the french table neighbors were funny and helpful, the attempts of the owners to keep us waiting and paying in good mood did NOT make up for the fact that a poor cow had to die for that s**t food. Never experienced anything as bad as this in 25 years. Really seriously bad!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great wine and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I've had dinner here twice. I had the best white wine ever here. I think it's called Cassis, but not sure .Every wine was very good. Both wines we drank were not on the menu. Ask what else they have. Steaks were great ...desserts too. Very good, professional waiters. Would definitely go here again.

• Visited October 2013
Birmingham
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Wonderful food, wonderful service, wonderful wine and an exceptional creme brulee! Very reasonable priced for the quality of the food we had!

• Visited August 2013
Denver
“Wonderful Bar and Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Les Pipos is close to the hotels on Rue Des Ecoles, and offers a wonderful ambiance, food, and service. This year I went there on the day after the Nouveau Beaujolais was introduced. Four winemakers were there and so I had the opportunity to try one of the Beaujolais with my meal which I opted for the baker's dozen of oysters on the half shell, followed by a super apple tart. Les Pipos is always very crowded with locals , students, and visitors! This night I sat next to a gentleman originally from Salt Lake City, Utah, and a young couple from England. Though there was no music this night…if you are lucky in your timing you may be treated to some musical entertainment! Les Pipos is truly a must in my book for a Parisian Experience. Be prepared for a crowd and people having lot's of fun!

• Visited November 2013
“Les Pipos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I had planned to visit this restaurant based on the TripAdvisor reviews. Well this bar a vins in the Latin Quarter did not disappoint. Of the many fine restaurants I ate at in Paris, this was my favorite. I was so impressed that I went a 2nd time.

Charming decor and a very helpful and friendly staff.

1 Thank spulgini