“Very nice local feel restaurant”
Review of Les Pipos

Les Pipos
Ranked #1,483 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Quartier Latin
Description: Les Pipos is a journey back to real Parisian bistro culture. With a clientele composed of regulars, tourists, students from the Sorbonne and administrative workers from the French ministries across the street, there is always a convivial environment and interesting conversations going on at all times of the day. You can have a traditional french meal inspired from Auvergene, Normandy and the South of France at any time until 11pm on weekdays and 11h30pm on weekends. Les Pipos has a diverse and particular wine list for all tastes. We work with wine producers who are invested in exposing the simplicity and exquisite nature of french wines, many of which are organic (no sulfur). The owner prides himself in serving fresh produce, so makes all his purchases in Rungis (the largest fresh produce market near Paris) and has nothing delivered. All cuts of meat, fish and vegetables are hand-picked by the owner himself. There is live music every Friday and Saturday. It is best to reserve on the weekends to guarantee a table. Payments can be made by cash or credit cards (visa,mastercard, debit) but we do not accept American Express however.
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Been to this place twice. Once in summer and now in winter. Both times the atmosphere has been spectacular. It's a real local French feel. The food is very good and their local wines are also very good. The food and wine offerings are always different which makes for an exciting experience. It's quite relaxed as well. I've come both times alone while on business and its just as comfortable as if I was with friends!

There are newer reviews for Les Pipos

Reviewed January 12, 2013

A local cafe with great food and ambience a couple of streets from the Pantheon but no tourists (except us) to be seen or heard. School French was enough to decipher the menu - the French onion soup a great value choice. The other half had steak with the maison frites - beautifully rare steak and very tasty chips. Service was considerate of our attempts to communicate in French. Note to other reviewers - credit cards now accepted and the toilet is available for customers.

1  Thank Wideeyedineurope
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is the first time I visited this restaurant even though it is very close to my hotel. I stopped by because I would pass by it in my daily journeys. What caught my eye was their advertising of oysters. They were out the night that went in but I had great meal anyway. The second time I went back they had the oysters in stock! They were super at a great price!

1  Thank JAYDenver
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Good food and good atmosphere but not for the every tourist

I have been eating many times in Les Pipos and I keep coming back every time I am In Paris
Decription: An old fashioned charming bistro with French cuisine and partly international cuisine
If you want a hamburger or other "international food" don't go, Stick then to the "real tourist" restaurants
What you can expect is a decent chicken, liver, tournedos or other genuine french recipes, quickly served and always good quality.

This is not a fancy place where a cook decorates your plate with colorfull designs on the side of the plate, But as wrote before , A good old fashioned bistro

2  Thank Eatertttttt
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We chose this restaurant based on recommendations and the proximity to our flat. Negatives: rude and unfriendly waitress staff who took our order from across the room and input it straight to the computer, limited menu, ran out of crime brûlée by 9:30pm, and didn't accept credit cards. Pluses: location is a quiet street and the American waitress who helped us towards the end of the meal.