“Good Indian food for Paris but average compared to UK options”

Le jardin du Kashmir
Reserve with
Le jardin du Kashmir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

The service was really friendly, helpful and consistent for all customers. We all felt very welcomed and valued. Papads were great, just like real ones in Northern India. The starters were a little more oily than expected, but tasty. Mains courses tasted reasonably authentic. Mango lassi was a bit of a disappointment, not enough mango and too much froth. Overall, good for Paris, but would be average in the UK. I am Indian.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Being from Texas we are used to some fire in our food, so after spending a lot of time in France we thought we'd seek out some. We cabed it across Paris to this little place based on all of the other reviews and it didn't disappoint.

Why:

Great prices. Both times we visited the bill with a bottle of wine was under 100€ for two people. We over did it, or it could have been 50€. Compared to 50€ for two Bellini's at our hotel bar this place is a steal.

Great service. The owner works the front of the house by himself. He knows how to take care of people. It feels like you're eating dinner at his house. Just a warm wonderful person. The predominance of loyal locals reflects this.

Great food. We know the difference between curry and vindaloo and this place is our top Indian restuarant out of all the countries we've visited. Everything is made to order, fresh, great spices, and crisp clean flavors.

Great chef. On our second visit we met the chef (he was busy butchering a leg of lamb himself) and looked at his kitchen. Small but VERY clean and well organized. Clearly shows a pride in all of the food he prepares. In a world of prima-donna TV chefs that have to use a GPS to find their restaurants this guy is the real deal.

If you go... Whatever you do... No matter what... Order the cheese Naan. Unique and Awesome!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

It took me several years to find this restaurant. I happened upon the Jardin du Kashmir when my parents had come to visit in Paris and we had a loverly meal. I couldn't remember how we found it, so I had spent some time trying to retrace our steps and - finally - I succeeded. This is a great neighborhood restaurant - the service is excellent, the food is hearty and well-prepeared. The value is incredible compared to other more-frequented (and more pricey) places that will probably disappoint.

Take the extra time to go a little bit off the beaten path; you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Happened on this place almost by accident on a rainy day when I had already eaten a terrible meal at an Asian restaurant close by. My husband did not. He loves Indian so we ventured inside. We loved it so much we actually came back for a second time with my appetite intact.

The decor is not why you are here so don't be turned off by that. You are here for the fantastic food. My husband had the Lamb Punjabi the first time and the proprietor was nice enough to make me a chicken version, even though it was not on the menu, when we returned. It was phenomenal- each one of the complex flavors in an Indian dish was distinctly and subtly weaving in and out of the other flavors to create a masterpiece of the senses.

My husband had the lamb done a different way- and just as good per his report.

The Palak Paneer was great as well.

Could not fit in desert.

We were so shocked that our favorite restaurant in Paris was an Indian one. And we will definitely be back when we return to this lovely city.

1  Thank mtnchkbek
Reviewed October 18, 2011

After yesterday's disaster at Chez Ly I jumped on the scooter and headed off to find an Indian restaurant that had been recommended to me.

Thank goodness I did. THIS is how you do "ethnic" food in Paris. Friendly, helpful waiter, excellent value menu and a happy clientele. The lunch menu comprised of nan bread (with chutneys), a choice of 4 starters, 4 main courses, 3 desserts and coffee. All for the knock down price of €20 (only €2 more than 4 nems would cost at Chez Ly). The food was pretty good too. I can highly recommend that lamb tikka masala and the Indian beer was only €4 per bottle. All in all a very enjoyable lunch in a restaurant that I will be returning to sooner rather than later.

1  Thank shep66