“Our favorite restaurant in Paris was an Indian Restaurant!”

Le jardin du Kashmir
Ranked #1,014 of 17,424 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Batignolles-Monceau
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Our favorite restaurant in Paris was an Indian Restaurant!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Happened on this place almost by accident on a rainy day when I had already eaten a terrible meal at an Asian restaurant close by. My husband did not. He loves Indian so we ventured inside. We loved it so much we actually came back for a second time with my appetite intact.

The decor is not why you are here so don't be turned off by that. You are here for the fantastic food. My husband had the Lamb Punjabi the first time and the proprietor was nice enough to make me a chicken version, even though it was not on the menu, when we returned. It was phenomenal- each one of the complex flavors in an Indian dish was distinctly and subtly weaving in and out of the other flavors to create a masterpiece of the senses.

My husband had the lamb done a different way- and just as good per his report.

The Palak Paneer was great as well.

Could not fit in desert.

We were so shocked that our favorite restaurant in Paris was an Indian one. And we will definitely be back when we return to this lovely city.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank mtnchkbek

• Finnish first
paris
“A Great Little Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

After yesterday's disaster at Chez Ly I jumped on the scooter and headed off to find an Indian restaurant that had been recommended to me.

Thank goodness I did. THIS is how you do "ethnic" food in Paris. Friendly, helpful waiter, excellent value menu and a happy clientele. The lunch menu comprised of nan bread (with chutneys), a choice of 4 starters, 4 main courses, 3 desserts and coffee. All for the knock down price of €20 (only €2 more than 4 nems would cost at Chez Ly). The food was pretty good too. I can highly recommend that lamb tikka masala and the Indian beer was only €4 per bottle. All in all a very enjoyable lunch in a restaurant that I will be returning to sooner rather than later.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank shep66
ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I visited this restaurant summer 2006. You must try the Butter Chicken, and a Cheese Nann, & the yogurt too! I was a student in Spain and went to Paris for a weekend with a few girlfriends. When we arrived at 9:30 P.M. to our hotel we were exhausted and "Le Jardin Du Kashmir" was within walking distance. They were about to close but were so nice and let us have a sidewalk table in the night air. My friend had the stomache flu and the staff generously gave us all Evian at no charge. They spoke English and kept inquiring about my friend's condition. This was the first time I'd ever tried Indian/Pakastani food and I have to say I have never had anything like it in the states, it was so savory and delicious. I will certainly go out of my way to eat at this little gem on my next visit, even if it is inconvenient!

1 Thank lorihazz