“Great meal. Make a reservation!”
Review of Pramil

Pramil
Ranked #510 of 18,130 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I see some mixed reviews, but I must say, our experience was great. I loved the food and atmosphere; cauliflower bread was simple and delcious, I also had the truffle pasta and chestnust mille feuille which was excellent. Yes the place is small, but it is also cosy with young, attentive wait staff and a down to earth, non-pompous attitude. Reasonably priced wine list too.

But MAKE A RESERVATION! We went on a Wednesday evening and while eating, several couples were turned away as they were full.

This and Septime are probably my favourite restaurants in Paris, so if you share my taste, look at that review too!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

5 of us went for dinner and ordered the pres fix menu. I had then suckling lamb livers then the veal sweetbreads and chocolate ice cream for dessert. These were not something I would normally oder and they were incredible. None of us were French wine connoisseurs so we asked our waitress for a pairing recommendation and she picked the perfect match. The chef came out during our meal to say hello and make sure we were enjoying everything. Very nice touch. The price was only €33 each for the 3 course meal and it was unbelievable. I would highly recommend Pramil!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We are are franco-english couple who live 5mins from Pramil and have been frequenting this restaurant for a long time. For a family lunch of five today we were charged 55euros too much (ie. billed for the three-course set menu (33E) when we ALL had a starter and dessert (22E)). Staff apologised and immediately reimbrsed us but it was clear they had tried to pull a fast-one - there was no way our waiter could have made an honest mistake when he had served us during all the meal. Perhaps the critical (le Fooding et al.) and popular success (Trip Advisor etc.) have made this formally small, local restaurant arrogant. It is stunts like this that give the Parisians a bad name with english-speakers/tourists.

Food is excellent, (correct) price is good value and the wine list is impressive. Cosy, intimate restaurant in the Haut Marais that I would reccommend if I didn't feel the service was dishonest and looking to make a quick buck at the expense of long-time, loyal customers. This excellent chef needs to sort out his front of house, quickly...

1  Thank StephieL
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had read about Pramil here and had thus reserved a table.
The welcoming by the waiters was very warm, we were seated in the middle of the very, very, narrow area too close to two other tables. If you want to have a romantic occasion, keep away from this place or you'll be sharing your intimacy whit people sitting 10 inches away from you (on both sides)
The menu has no price, so careful what you ask for.
Food is served lukewarm (that's a no no).
We ordered a bottle of Cahors (2007) which was listed at 36€ bottle (dreadful) checking the price on internet we understood why the quality was so poor (average price 10€)

1  Thank InCucinadaME
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend ate here on her reccommendation. She has been working in Paris lately and has eaten at Pramil so often that the staff now recognise her!

We had an early dinner, around 7:30pm, on Saturday night. As expected the restaurant was quiet at that time. We were seated in the corner and immediately offered our menus. I chose the pumpkin and chestnut soup with fois gras icecream for my starter and the venison with gratin dauphinois for my main. My girlfriend chose the cauliflower bread with spiced jam for starter and the sea bass fillet for the main. We chose a bottle of Cote du Rhone to accompany the meal. For dessert we shared a chestnut mille-feuille.

The food was lovely with the soup being a highlight. The foie gras icecream really adds to the dish. The dessert was also spectacular and the gratin dauphinois that accompanied the venison was the best I've ever eaten.

The service was excellent and the relaxed atmosphere in the restaurant is really great.

I'm sure we'll return to Pramil next time we're in Paris.