“Good food, wonderful views”
Review of Le Saut du Loup - CLOSED

Le Saut du Loup
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: Par son emplacement unique, le restaurant du musee Des Arts Decoratifs vous accueille dans son decor contemporain et sur sa superbe terrasse pour un moment de detente inoubliable.
Los Angeles, California
“Good food, wonderful views”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I'm a little surprised at some of the comments before this about the food. Four of us got the pris fixe for 22E, and we thought it was very good. We had pork roast, and a divine dessert of Sabayon over berries. I will admit that the waiters were very slow, but as we were enjoying the view it didn't spoil the experience. They were more friendly than the waiters at Cafe Marly, where we ate last time near the Louvre. I think for the price and views, it's a really good choice.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank lovetootrav
Pierre L, Responsable commercial at Le Saut du Loup, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
The team of the restaurant thanks you and is very sensitive to the note that you wrote about us and our service. We will be delighted to welcome you again.

• Korean first
Krakow, Poland
“Very nice place when the weather is good but service not on the level”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

You can seat in the Louvre garden, with all this wonderful buildings around you and have a drink or a meal.

The localization is just amazing (there is also another place in the same localization : le Marly from the Costes Restaurants, better than this one I think)

The view is really good.

The menu also, but there the service is really not on the level than you can except from a restaurant in such a place, and in such level of prices.

They don't care about you, you ask something they fell bored, they seems just interested about your money !!!

I am french, and was there with friends, just to take what we call "apéritif", have some drinks before to go to eat somewhere else.

So we order some cocktails (12 € each ...) and we ask, like it's normal in France, some little things to eat with.

They said yes no problem, but finally I had to ask it again, and again may be 5 times, do different persons to obtain it.

And I'm sure that if I was not french, and with a certain personality, I will never have it.

They think that the place made all, but it's not true !!!

For the view go there, but not except too much, because for sure they will not change ...

• Visited April 2013
Pierre L, Responsable commercial at Le Saut du Loup, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We carefully read all your comment. We are sincerely sorry if you weren’t satisfied by your meal. Please note that we regret your dissatisfaction. We take note of your expectations and we suggest you to return to our establishment, hoping to change your mind…
London
“Very Good!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I thought I'd give my opinion as I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I have been here before and I stopped by for lunch yesterday after seeing the 'Fashioning Fashion' exhibition at Les Arts Decoratifs (also highly recommended!). I had the Euro 19 menu, which was a beautifully presented and very tasty dish of shrimps, a glass of white wine and a berry tart for dessert. I thought it was excellent value, the atmosphere was warm and bustling with lunch guests (not all tourists, it felt rather local). Yes, the staff are busy, but I had no problems with the service and was ushered to a table immediately upon arriving. The experience certainly enhanced my visit, it was a perfect break between visiting the exhibition and main collections, I avoided the rain and, most interestingly, although in the museum site, it didn't have an add-on cafeteria feeling that many museum eateries have. A french dining experience it was... Recommended. PS Downstairs there is little view outside (unless you're right in the window). I think those who talk about the views must be dining on the upper floor. I've always been downstairs.

• Visited January 2013
The team of the restaurant would like to thank you for your warm review.
We are really happy that you had a good time, and wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon.
London, United Kingdom
“Great view.... Average food and poor value for money”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The view/atmosphere is amazing in the evenings, one of the best views of Paris. The food is really expensive and only average so I would recommend to go there only for a drink or two. The place is often very busy so you really have to fight to get the attention of the waiters. That's a shame, as the place is incredibly beautiful.

California
“Just terrible...”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently had lunch here with 2 friends after viewing the exhibition at the Musee des Arts Decoratif. With proof of your ticket, you receive a 19 euro menu which includes the daily main course with wine/bottled water and dessert or coffee gourmand. It was so convenient, I overlooked the lukewarm reviews to my regret. This was one of the worst lunches I've had in a long time. We ordered the beef as our main courses and a glass of red wine each. I should have guessed when they didn't even bother to ask how I liked my meat cooked, that the beef would be dry and tasteless. The wine was undrinkable. When we complained to our server, he smelled the wine and immediately agreed with us and brought another glass. I'm happy they replaced the wine but they should never have served it in the first place. Unfortunately, I feel this is one of the places that takes advantage of its location and clientele (primarily tourists) and hopes you either won't notice or won't complain. As a local resident, I will never again eat here and will tell my friends the same. Try one of the local cafes one street over or even the good Korean/Japanese noodle shops on rue St Anne off of Opera. Even the cafeteria in the Musee de Louvre shopping center is a better bet!

• Visited October 2012