“Very Good!”

Le Saut du Loup
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: Par son emplacement unique, le restaurant du musee Des Arts Decoratifs vous accueille dans son decor contemporain et sur sa superbe terrasse pour un moment de detente inoubliable.
London
“Very Good!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I thought I'd give my opinion as I'm surprised by the negative reviews. I have been here before and I stopped by for lunch yesterday after seeing the 'Fashioning Fashion' exhibition at Les Arts Decoratifs (also highly recommended!). I had the Euro 19 menu, which was a beautifully presented and very tasty dish of shrimps, a glass of white wine and a berry tart for dessert. I thought it was excellent value, the atmosphere was warm and bustling with lunch guests (not all tourists, it felt rather local). Yes, the staff are busy, but I had no problems with the service and was ushered to a table immediately upon arriving. The experience certainly enhanced my visit, it was a perfect break between visiting the exhibition and main collections, I avoided the rain and, most interestingly, although in the museum site, it didn't have an add-on cafeteria feeling that many museum eateries have. A french dining experience it was... Recommended. PS Downstairs there is little view outside (unless you're right in the window). I think those who talk about the views must be dining on the upper floor. I've always been downstairs.

• Visited January 2013
Pierre L, Responsable commercial at Le Saut du Loup, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
The team of the restaurant would like to thank you for your warm review.
We are really happy that you had a good time, and wish to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon.

• Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Great view.... Average food and poor value for money”
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

The view/atmosphere is amazing in the evenings, one of the best views of Paris. The food is really expensive and only average so I would recommend to go there only for a drink or two. The place is often very busy so you really have to fight to get the attention of the waiters. That's a shame, as the place is incredibly beautiful.

California
“Just terrible...”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently had lunch here with 2 friends after viewing the exhibition at the Musee des Arts Decoratif. With proof of your ticket, you receive a 19 euro menu which includes the daily main course with wine/bottled water and dessert or coffee gourmand. It was so convenient, I overlooked the lukewarm reviews to my regret. This was one of the worst lunches I've had in a long time. We ordered the beef as our main courses and a glass of red wine each. I should have guessed when they didn't even bother to ask how I liked my meat cooked, that the beef would be dry and tasteless. The wine was undrinkable. When we complained to our server, he smelled the wine and immediately agreed with us and brought another glass. I'm happy they replaced the wine but they should never have served it in the first place. Unfortunately, I feel this is one of the places that takes advantage of its location and clientele (primarily tourists) and hopes you either won't notice or won't complain. As a local resident, I will never again eat here and will tell my friends the same. Try one of the local cafes one street over or even the good Korean/Japanese noodle shops on rue St Anne off of Opera. Even the cafeteria in the Musee de Louvre shopping center is a better bet!

• Visited October 2012
Chicago
“Great View, Surprisingly Good for Children”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The view here cannot be matched. We were able to watch the Eiffel Tower, framed by a sunset, on the lawn of the Louvre. That is hard to beat. The food was good, if not cheap. I am a little surprised at the very harsh reviews of the service from other reviewers. Our waiter was a nice young Italian man, who was able to handle the table in three languages. After dinner the young children in our group were able to play on the lawn. Even with three young children, there was not a hint of attitude from the staff of a stylish restaurant. The menu is a nice mix of international dishes and was a nice respite from more traditional French food that was growing a bit monotonous for my crowd.

• Visited August 2012
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Pay for view”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The waitresses were rather disinterested and we were a little early so having sat and waited for ages for our drinks we had ordered before service really started I thought it would be poor service all the way through but as we were on the terrace with such a great view sat in the sunshine I thought we stick it out. When service started the waiters were actually very good and the food came out very quickly.
The food was good but very pricey but you do pay for the location. A good compromise is a picnic on the lawns, same view fraction of the cost.

• Visited August 2012