“Just terrible...”

Le Saut du Loup
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Description: Par son emplacement unique, le restaurant du musee Des Arts Decoratifs vous accueille dans son decor contemporain et sur sa superbe terrasse pour un moment de detente inoubliable.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I recently had lunch here with 2 friends after viewing the exhibition at the Musee des Arts Decoratif. With proof of your ticket, you receive a 19 euro menu which includes the daily main course with wine/bottled water and dessert or coffee gourmand. It was so convenient, I overlooked the lukewarm reviews to my regret. This was one of the worst lunches I've had in a long time. We ordered the beef as our main courses and a glass of red wine each. I should have guessed when they didn't even bother to ask how I liked my meat cooked, that the beef would be dry and tasteless. The wine was undrinkable. When we complained to our server, he smelled the wine and immediately agreed with us and brought another glass. I'm happy they replaced the wine but they should never have served it in the first place. Unfortunately, I feel this is one of the places that takes advantage of its location and clientele (primarily tourists) and hopes you either won't notice or won't complain. As a local resident, I will never again eat here and will tell my friends the same. Try one of the local cafes one street over or even the good Korean/Japanese noodle shops on rue St Anne off of Opera. Even the cafeteria in the Musee de Louvre shopping center is a better bet!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

The view here cannot be matched. We were able to watch the Eiffel Tower, framed by a sunset, on the lawn of the Louvre. That is hard to beat. The food was good, if not cheap. I am a little surprised at the very harsh reviews of the service from other reviewers. Our waiter was a nice young Italian man, who was able to handle the table in three languages. After dinner the young children in our group were able to play on the lawn. Even with three young children, there was not a hint of attitude from the staff of a stylish restaurant. The menu is a nice mix of international dishes and was a nice respite from more traditional French food that was growing a bit monotonous for my crowd.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

The waitresses were rather disinterested and we were a little early so having sat and waited for ages for our drinks we had ordered before service really started I thought it would be poor service all the way through but as we were on the terrace with such a great view sat in the sunshine I thought we stick it out. When service started the waiters were actually very good and the food came out very quickly.
The food was good but very pricey but you do pay for the location. A good compromise is a picnic on the lawns, same view fraction of the cost.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Food is ok. For a drink is perfect!!!service is really bad. We order meat medium rare and it came burned!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

The view from the Terrasse and location of the restaurant is great but this establishment has no back bone to show for. From the snobby hostesses, to the unmatched amateurish, condescending "service" and zero attention we got, this eating experience had to be one of the worse I've ever had.
Food was cold, no Team work to show for from the staff, are all the good waiters in Paris on vacation in August?
Staff knows nothing, managers are good for nothing, this was text book perfection in culinary catastrophe , save your money, grab a gyro from the latin quarters and be happy!

1  Thank kevz1111