“A southern Indian treat”
Review of Krishna Bhavan

Krishna Bhavan
Ranked #1,874 of 18,464 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Entrepôt
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The food is less spicy (as in spicy hot) than the nearby Saravana Bhavan, but the service is nicer, the atmosphere calmer and less cramped and the you can taste the food beyond the hot pepper. The tomato achar is some of the best we've ever had. I was put off by all the raw onions that came on top of the vada sambar but when I tasted it they were sweet and crisp and blended deliciously with the lively sambar. The mango lassi was fresh and not too sweet and the rose mild sambath and unusual treat. And you can't beat the price for Paris!

1  Thank LEKBOCO

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Awesome taste.
Great Service
Cheap Price.
Great Location.
Ambience - Average.
Do try cardmom tea and masala dosa

Reviewed January 5, 2013

As we wanted to try something other than Sarvana bhavan, we opted for this one based on reviews. Of course, my past experience few years back was positive and contributed to the decision.

Overall, the experience was okay. If there was no better choice, I may still go again (but there are better options).

The place is really small and cramped. In addition, the restaurant is run by couple of family members. Hence, the focus is not on service.

Regarding food, some dishes (like sambar vada) were excellent. At same time, some others were average only.

As of pricing, I find it expensive (because better quality food and ambiance are available at same price).

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ate here with friends on Friday last, the menu does not give a true indication of how large the dishes are so do not over order, wait and see, you can always order some more. Everything was very good, presented well (although I really do hate those stainless steal all in one serving dishes - I imagine they are practical for the restaurant but looks like prison food) and tasted delicious. Serving staff were helpful and spoke English. I took into account past posts which indicated the use of microwaves, have to confess I never heard any pings. Sadly the place was not full but I think it was value for money. We ate at Krishna Bhavan Metro Cambronne - there are 2 restaurants in Paris and one takeaway not to be confused with one restaurant. Would I eat here again, yes, but not immediately but it was nice to visit a restaurant that was 100% vegetarian. If you want vegan - maybe ring in advance to see what they can do.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have a thing for masala dosas and the one I ate here was fabulous. The dosa part was nice and crisp and the masala inside was just right. The mango milkshake was nice too. It's cheap and the place was clean.