“Okay food, average service, poor ambiance”
Review of Krishna Bhavan

Krishna Bhavan
Ranked #1,577 of 17,300 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Entrepôt
Belgium
“Okay food, average service, poor ambiance”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

As we wanted to try something other than Sarvana bhavan, we opted for this one based on reviews. Of course, my past experience few years back was positive and contributed to the decision.

Overall, the experience was okay. If there was no better choice, I may still go again (but there are better options).

The place is really small and cramped. In addition, the restaurant is run by couple of family members. Hence, the focus is not on service.

Regarding food, some dishes (like sambar vada) were excellent. At same time, some others were average only.

As of pricing, I find it expensive (because better quality food and ambiance are available at same price).

Paris, France
“100% vegetarian”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Ate here with friends on Friday last, the menu does not give a true indication of how large the dishes are so do not over order, wait and see, you can always order some more. Everything was very good, presented well (although I really do hate those stainless steal all in one serving dishes - I imagine they are practical for the restaurant but looks like prison food) and tasted delicious. Serving staff were helpful and spoke English. I took into account past posts which indicated the use of microwaves, have to confess I never heard any pings. Sadly the place was not full but I think it was value for money. We ate at Krishna Bhavan Metro Cambronne - there are 2 restaurants in Paris and one takeaway not to be confused with one restaurant. Would I eat here again, yes, but not immediately but it was nice to visit a restaurant that was 100% vegetarian. If you want vegan - maybe ring in advance to see what they can do.

UK
“Amazing dosa”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have a thing for masala dosas and the one I ate here was fabulous. The dosa part was nice and crisp and the masala inside was just right. The mango milkshake was nice too. It's cheap and the place was clean.

• Visited August 2012
Fife, United Kingdom
“Krishna Bhaven will not return”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was delighted to find a vegetarian restaurant near our apartment that had good reviews. The restaurant might be cheap, but my husband and I both suffered the next day, we got the runs. We both had rice dishes that were slightly different, I had the special and he had the Biryani. Not sure what caused it but we wouldn't go back.

Sydney, Australia
“Tasty, Cheap Sri Lankan food..”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you're looking for classic Sri Lankan vegetarian dishes , then this is the place to go. There are many Sri Lankan restaurants in the local vicinity, but I would say that this is one of the best. The restaurant itself is quite compact, and the chairs aren't exactly very clean. However the service is friendly and efficient. The food is generally of an excellent standard, and the highlights are the North Indian thali, the masala dosai, the pottu kotthu and the string hoppers . The mango lassi is also definitely worth a try, if you still have room. The prices are some of the best I've seen in paris.
If you're a fan of this type of food, it is worth a visit.. (Plus its only a 7minute walk from the Eurostar platform at Gare du nord)

• Visited November 2012