“The Beer Academy: Life Long Learning.”

Academie de la biere
Ranked #85 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“The Beer Academy: Life Long Learning.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you like mussels, if you like chips and if you like beer (well, who doesn't?) you will LOVE the Academie de la biere. You will particularly love it on Saturday lunch times, when mussels, chips and a glass of wine will cost you a shade under €10. Our mussels were lovely, and our aperitifs of Saison Dupont beers were sensational. Any Belgophiles visiting visiting Paris should make a bee line for this place.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Incredible Beer Selection With Cheese”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have visited the Academie de la biere numerous times. This time I tried MONK'S STOUT Brune beer and it was well worth the 8.50EU, I also ordered their PLANCHE DE FROMAGES (plate of assorted cheese) at 18EU. Again, it was worth every penny. Good atmosphere. Great Beer selection. Super service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank dan w
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing selection of beers!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Love this place! We will 100% be returning next time we're in Paris.

Great selection of beers at this place, we're spoilt for choice in the UK and it was amazing to find somewhere with such a quality menu in Paris! We sat in their large outside seating area which is sheltered and heated.

I had a La Chouffe and a Delirium Red, love both these beers and they aren't badly priced at all by Parisian standards!

We also enjoyed some mussels, we had the moules marinières but I wish we'd gone for the moules a la crème ou le roquefort as they weren't the most flavoursome mussels I have had and they were sandy towards the bottom, but we enjoyed them nonetheless and they are such a perfect meal to have with a good beer! Great frittes too and we managed to squeeze in an apple crumble to share which was lovely!

Service was great and the staff were patient with our minimal french, but we always make an effort to speak as much French as possible, gets you a long way!

As as I could tell we were the only british people here at that point so this place is definitely popular with the locals, which also means the prices are good: moules et frittes x2 to with 4 beers and a dessert came to just over 60 EUR. Not bad in my eyes and one of the best meals we had in Paris. Can't wait to return!!

• Visited September 2013
Merritt Island, Florida
“This place is for mussels and beer lovers!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you are in Paris for many times, and looking for a casual dining in the middle of the night, this is the place for you. Just a walking distance from Marriott Hotel Rive Gauche, Academie de la Biere is packed with locals and students. The place was not so large, but outside seating was perfect for 70 degree summer weather in Paris. I am not a beer drinker, but if you are ordering large bowl of mussels and sizzling french fries, cold beer is a must!!! The mussels cost about 8-9 Euros, and the amount they give you is very large. The broth was little plain, but I really enjoyed the taste of the mussels. Male waiter spoke very good English and very heplful in selecting beer from over 100 selection of beers. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Paris, and I would definitely visit this place every time I visit Paris.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Dizzygizmo
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent mussels and beer selection”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This place has some of the best moules & frites (mussels with fries) that I have ever had, and I have had quite a few! Definitely worth the trip just for the mussels and some beer, they have a huge menu with many options, but some get a little too pricey. The place itself is not very nice, very bar atmosphere with really limited seating and space between tables, you pretty much sit shoulder to shoulder with everyone else. So don't bother to dress up, just stop by this place in an early afternoon (since it gets really really busy) and eat some mussels, they are worth it!!!

• Visited August 2013