“A great experience and not at all touristy”
Review of Le Mini Palais

Le Mini Palais
Ranked #2,108 of 18,207 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed March 29, 2014

After seeing an exhibition on Augustus in the Grand Palais we lunched here in wonderful surroundings with people of all ages from 2 to very old-all enjoying the experience. The restaurant is a bit difficult to find at the river corner of the Grand Palais. The food came promptly- my husband had duck and I had merlan (fish) both beautifully presented and delicious.
it was relaxed but the service was both friendly and efficient. It was not the first time we had been and it will not be the last.

1  Thank Janydoc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Owned by 3 Michelin star Chef Eric Frechon, and located at the Champs Elysées and Churchill Boulevard, in the Grand Palais, I've had the opportunity to visit there and took it without hesitation. While visiting in Paris with my wife, as she used to be a local, we met with a couple friends of ours, both, foodies like us who reserved seats for us all at Mini Palais. I was really impressed with the restaurants location and design. I really liked the huge, big, tall windows that had light coming in and the terrace which was beautiful. I began by having the classic fois gras which was incredible. We then all moved to the main courses which included pork(belly) with mustard mushroom risotto in beet ravioli and sauce, duck fillet and mash, and chicken fillet with mash. We ordered a nice bottle of henri bourgeois la cote mont dame sancerre(white)which was very good and finished lunch with crazy pot(aux fruits rouges) for 4 and coffees. Exceptional lunch for all us, we were very satisfied when leaving. The service was excellent, from the waiters to the hostess. The price was expensive, as to be expected. I saw some families around, so I'm assuming the families friendly. I don't think there's parking in area, so i would suggest to take the metro or a cab if possible(there's a metro station right at the grand palais). Reservation is also recommended.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location, simply gorgeous.
Great home cocktails.
Exceptionnal "Gougère au fromage".
Very friendly service.
Very good food.
Must drink the "homemade" Saint-Emilion Chateau Louis "Réserve".
All at reasonnable prices.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This delightful restaurant is located adjacent to the Grand Palais. The surroundings are spectacular and it is particularly recommended as a location for lunch when you can sit outside on the terrace. This was not the case with my visit as I dined there for dinner. The food was tasty and the service impeccable. The personal attention was remarkable. My waiter and I discussed an aperitif going over the ingredients and tastes with such detail that I knew exactly what I want to drink. Aperitif was served in a martini glass and seemed a bit short. Within moments the waiter had brought me a second glass and the recipe on how to make the drink in my home. It is hard to imagine a more personable and dedicated staff. To top it off, the bartender came over and with a smile asked me if I enjoyed my drink. The meal was served with the same dedication and concern to detail. The environment was elegant.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Gorgeous ambience (large artist's studio kind of vibe), gorgeous food (brasserie fare done with imagination and truly exceptionally well), very good wine list, reasonable prices and AMAZING service! I am shocked at the experience another reviewer had, as we had easily the BEST WAITER in living memory (I think his name is Stephane), who was the perfect balance of knowledgable, helpful and prompt, without being obsequious or annoying. A very strongly recommended experience, and a real treat for any time of the day.

1  Thank DrLexLondon