“Delightful way to start your Sunday”
Review of Le Tarmac

Le Tarmac
Reserve with
Le Tarmac is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,743 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: Tarmac is a Trendy and cotemporary brasserie. The incontrovertible place to go in Paris with cosy and modern architecture, easy going service with a menu is Spanish, English and French. Creative and copious dishes and tapas served the all day.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I rented an apartment from Cobblestone Paris (thank you Trip Advisor) that was only a few blocks away. When my friend came to visit from New York City instead of having breakfast as usual in the apartment on Sunday morning we decided to try Le Tarmac after reading the reviews. We had the prix fixe breakfast with scrambled eggs and cheese, a croissant, tartine with butter and strawberry jam, coffee and orange juice. The service was excellent and it is half a block from Gare de Lyon so we went right from breakfast to the Musee D'Orsay. You can also order a la carte if you just want coffee and tartine or croissants.

There are newer reviews for Le Tarmac

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My best friend and I ate here on our last night in Paris. We'd been eating cheaply the rest of the stay (the joy of being destitute students) and decided that the last night should be special. We'd passed Tarmac a few times before, and it looked friendly with great food. We weren't disappointed! We were seated immediately, and our waiter, Stefan, was a really lovely man, very helpful, warm and friendly - and despite his claims otherwise, spoke excellent English. His recommendations were great, and he made a very lovely meal even more wonderful. Service was fast, and we never had to ask for anything - carafes of water were replaced immediately once empty, bread and nuts brought without prompting. As for the food, it was divine! I can definitely recommend the sweet potato croquettes and the ravioli with parma ham - both were delicious - and the simple-sounding bread and jam french toast for dessert was the best pudding I have ever had in a restaurant. We were delighted with Tarmac, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Nice restaurant with original food. Very kind and jolly staff. Their menu (3 courses, 3 drinks) for 26 euro is amazing. Beware that it is a popular place, to be assured of a table make a reservation. They understand English.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

this is a very good restaurant, for a lunch, diner, or just tapas ! in the neibourghood this is the only good address I know, one step and you're in Gare de Lyon, and one step from Bastille...try the wines also !

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had brunch here as it was convenient for my hotel. A little disappointed in the juice (processed), watery hot chocolate and having to ask more than once for bread, butter and jam - maybe I've been spoiled in other places. However, the eggs were light and creamy and the club sandwich tasty. Passing by in the evening, the place was busy, popular with locals and tourists so maybe I hit an off day or time...