“Lively restaurant with excellent food”
Review of Le Tarmac

Le Tarmac
Reserve with
Le Tarmac is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7,745 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: Tarmac is a Trendy and cotemporary brasserie. The incontrovertible place to go in Paris with cosy and modern architecture, easy going service with a menu is Spanish, English and French. Creative and copious dishes and tapas served the all day.
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Our last night in Paris and we were staying in the Holiday Inn near Gare de Lyon.Le Tarmac was just a few minutes walk away . We hadn't booked and the restaurant was very busy but the waitress set up a table for the two of us. The food was excellent- we had the tapas to start and then veal steak and dauphinois potatoes. Service was good even though they were extremely busy. Worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Le Tarmac

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We had a very good meal here and our waiter was very helpful when our friend said he was a vegetarian. A special dish was prepared for him. After the meal, I ordered a coffee with whiskey that I'd seen on the menu but what I got was a coffee and a shotglass of whiskey, which was ok but a funny little misunderstanding. I should give up trying to speak French. Everything was good but like most eateries in Paris, a bit pricey for what you get. I cannot recall our waiter's name but he was very nice.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ate here for lunch on the way to the Gare de Lyon and were pleasantly surprised. We arrived after 13h00 on a Sun and it was packed. Luckily we didn't wait too long for a seat. My husband had a burger which he said was good and I had the brunch for 19Euros50 which was coffee à volonté, orange juice, bread and croissants with butter and jam. Then scambled egg with either cheese or bacon followed by a choice of club sandwich with chips, grilled salmon and chips, mixed salad or steak tartare with chips. Then crepes with nutella, fruit salad or yoghurt with honey.
I thought it was very good value and tasty and so did everyone else by the look of it as almost everyone was brunching.

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant as it was near to our hotel on the first night & previous reviews.
Booked a table for 9pm but actually sat down 40 minutes later so had a drink at the bar which was complimentary.
Great atmosphere very busy & buzzing with excellent staff.
Reasonably expensive but you are in Paris !!!
Would recommend a visit if your in the area but you need to book

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a decent cafe just a few minutes walk from the Bastille and I had a nice evening here but this was more to do with the company and the staff than the food. I ate from the set menu, which was good value and a little big different from traditional French cafe menus. Also breaking tradition were the waitresses, who were helpful and friendly rather than haughty and patronising, which is my typical French dining experience. The only disappointing aspects were the food and wine, which was a bit of a shame. Both ordinary to poor. It's worth a visit if you're bored of the whole French food thing but don't come for good quality French food- there are other places nearby much better,