“A pretty bad meal” 2 of 5 bubbles

Le Sancerre
Ranked #3,547 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Bar, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: Situe en plein coeur du marais le sancerre vous fait profiter e son ambiance heteroclite et chaleureuse autour d'une bonne cuisine traditionnelle et faite maison. La petite terrasse fort agreable vous promet des moments de detente et de partage sympathique. petits dejeuners, dejeuner, diners, banquet et happy hour, il y en a pour tout le monde et pour tous les gouts
London
“A pretty bad meal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We've been here a couple of times, but this latest visit will be the last:
- very slow service
- no bread brought to our table (some received it, others didn't)
- a miserable 3 scallops on the main plat du jour
- tiny wizened piece of beef, really hard
- thin wine, barely drinkable.

We could see other were having problems too. A shame, but there it is. Plenty of better places to go.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TieOnTheFeedbag

• Korean first
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Relaxed , convivial eatery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I liked this place , the service was welcoming and efficient and the food pretty good. The atmosphere is friendly and the lunchtime specials were varied. Good position for people watching from the corner terrace on a sunny day.

Visited December 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Very good local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Chats2092 provides a perfect description. The food is good, but the atmosphere is great. This is as close as you'll get to a local dining experience.

• Visited November 2013
Barstow, California
“A wonderful find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We came to see the Sacre Couer back in 2010 but didn't walk around the neighborhood at all. So naturally, we ventured back to the area because I remembered it seemed interested and of course, we were hungry, so as we wandered around, we found ourselves here. We decided to eat inside near the window so we could watch people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My limited French worked out very well. We always end up laughing because I might say something wrong. The menu is easy to read if you understand what the French words for chicken, beef, or fish are.

We ordered a bottle of wine, which was very good. I can't stop saying how great the wines are in France compared to the U.S. I ordered one of their salads cause it was later in the day and I didn't want to fill up before dinner. The partner ordered the steak special and though it was tender, it could've been a little bigger considering the amount of potatoes that were on the plate. The ambiance is great! The view was fun! The only thing that bothered me was the smoking from the sidewalk tables, but we're in France and it's what they do. We're not in the U.S., so when in Rome....er...Paris....respect the culture and people and "Viva La France!"

This is a great place to sit, converse, and eat. We were the only tourists, so I think it's more of a local hangout. I would definitely come back if I was in the area, perhaps for wine and a cheese board.

• Visited July 2013
Blantyre, Malawi
“More English could be useful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I know we are in Paris, however I do feel, as a tourist, that perhaps the menu could have an English translation. (a lot of non french speakers visit this area) Our food was excellent and well priced, but on the translation side my wife's, "fish of the day", turned out to be a quiche with some flaked salmon. She was not amused, but the quiche was delicious!
The wine selection was very good and the service warm and welcoming. All in all a good experience

• Visited July 2013