“A great experience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The fix prix menu was amazing with a delicious food. Very attentive and pleasant staff with an excellent and very welcoming service ( the spoken english translation was appreciated ). Extremely good value.

1  Thank Agnieszka B

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Excellent ambiance, food and a good and friendly service with affordable prices. A great and perfect experience that we hope to repeat.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The restaurant I was aiming for was closed on Mondays, so I ate here - it was close to the hotel, but I wish I hadn't. I was misled by it being busy, only to find that it was a tour group. "Hot cheese" was OK, but the slad was drenched in dressing and lack-lustre. I had steak that was overcooked with french beans that were just mush, although the chips were nice. A cider sauce was too sweet to eat, finally mousse au chocolat was very synthetic, probably spooned into the class from a catering pack - I have been spoilt at my usual haunt (also closed on Mondays), but too far to walk anyway. What a shame, I have enjoyed many a meal just walking in off the street.
Service was friendly though and they left 3/4 of a bottle of wine on the table although I had ordered a quarter litre of house red.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I ate here twice, not by choice, but it was one of the restaurants included on my 2 EF tours (student tour company). Both times I came here, there were other tour groups as well eating in other dining rooms. Both times, the salad had canned vegetables in them. The first time, July 2010, we had beef bourguignon. It tasted like it had come out of a can as well. The second time, July 2012, on our tour itinerary, it said "an authentic steak frites dinner". It was a frozen, tasteless hamburger patty and frozen fries! This place serves huge tourist groups at 6 pm before they open up to the general public. Good places shouldn't have to cater to bus loads of foreign tourists to supplement their income. Go somewhere else!

1  Thank freld
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I'd seen this on tripadvisor and thought I'd check it out. Restaurant was empty when I arrived bar a table of 6. I asked why and was told it was still early. I then noticed 3/4 of the restaurant laid out with starters, as if expecting a coach party. I was right, a coach of Newcastle school children descended. They were great but I checked with the waiter that my service would not be impacted which he promised wouldn't. I had the 28 euro menu. Cocktail, 3 course, wine and coffee, it was good value but the food had lost its sheen. Bread could be fresher. Crudity starter was good. Duck with pasta was ok, orange sauce was gloopy and tart. No veg or salad. Chocolate mouse made with a lot of egg white. Quite greasy. Overall there are much better places. I should have followed my instincts and walked away when I saw how quiet it was bar the tourists. Good value if you can compromise on quality.