“Moroccan done right - most tasty!”
Review of Le 404

Le 404
Reserve with
Le 404 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #356 of 17,505 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notre Dame / Marais
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I was visiting my family in Paris (I joined them for part of a long visit) and I wanted Moroccan cous cous before I left. My family is familiar with all the usual places, but Le 404 was close by our apartment and my in-laws remembered good things from a visit years ago, so Le 404 it was. I'm glad we went! Everything was perfect. Everything was flavorful -- the merguez and lamb shoulder in particular were extraordinary. The staff was friendly and gave us great service. They had a nice selection of French and North African wines complement the meal. Other reviewers are correct -- the décor makes it fun. It's more upscale than our usual cous cous haunts, but not much more expensive. My in-laws (who spend lots of time in Paris) said this was their new favorite place. I'll be back!

1  Thank MarcPeters
There are newer reviews for Le 404

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We loved this place! It was off a small street in a lovely and walkable neighborhood. The restaurant itself was beautiful decorated in this cool and funky Moroccan style. Even when we underdressed and without a reservation and English speaking, the staff sat us immediately anyway, lovingly guiding my tired 7 year old to the corner seat he was in. This is one of those Parisian restaurants where everyone is on top of everyone and some maneuvering had to be done to get in our seats. Once seated the food came quickly (I think they needed our table) and was beyond superb. Prices were beyond reasonable for a restaurant of this caliber and everything was delicious. If we had discovered this earlier in our trip we would have come a second time! Just one of those perfect unexpected magical dinners.

1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I love 404. I've been recommending it for years. Granted, I haven't been there for a few years, but I still think about the tagine meal I had there. The ambience is fun and funky. There was a great bar next door, Andy Wahloo, to hang out and have a great cocktail. I had a really good Moscow Mule. Many friends have taken my advice and report it is still really yummy. Not easy to locate. Feels a little like a treasure hunt.

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed June 16, 2014

It is my favorite Maroccan in Paris.I love the ambiance and have never had a bad meal in more than 5 visits over the years.

3  Thank TVMD
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've had better Moroccan in Paris, but the overall package of ambiance, service and charm take this up a notch.