“Good value.”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is not a tourist restaurant. The staff spoke just enough English that we were able to choose from the large menu. They were very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

When we see blackboard menu, we get excited. Because they searve whatever the fresh ingredient.

We don't speak French.waitress can speak little bit.

We had scallop dish and cod fish plate.
It was dooo good. Sauce is killer!!

If I live around there, definately going back.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

This lovely little gem was on the same street as our rental appt in Paris during our 2 week stay. It's a small place, like alot of local restaurants in Paris, but made up for that in their amazing food! We went 3 times in 2 weeks we liked it so much. The value is excellent with the restaurant offering an entree, main and dessert for 26 euros-cheap as chips! The food was astounding each time we went: we tried the escargots, lamb, beef tournedos (the best cooked beef my mother said she'd ever tasted-perfectly blue as she'd requested!), risotto, raviole entree, moelleux au chocolat, macarons/chocolate fondue and more. Literally every single thing we tried was delicious! The hostess/owner was so lovely and each time gave us a complimentary apertif and dessert shot when we returned. Highly, highly recommend this restaurant!!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Don't get me wrong, but this restaurant does not deserve the praise. I am French, have travelled a lot in France (and abroad), and while the food is definitely not bad, it is not that amazing. This restaurant is surfing on the new trend of restos with no menu (only printed on a blackboard, so read quickly and decide quickly what you want to have), and "cool" approach by the owner where he wants to initiate some sort of "cool"dialogue with hs customers. Plus, you have no choice on how to get your meat cooked as the owner pretends it is because the products are fresh (how can you have fresh products cooked in a too few minutes and with such a large array of options?).
All in all, I am not convinced. It is too expensive for what it offers, and the owners attitude will never have me coming again. Sorry...

Reviewed October 30, 2011

I went to this restaurant based on having read some of the reviews here, especially the one right below this one about getting a free aperitif and a free digestif etc. Whilst I did have a good meal here and would have been happy if I'd stumbled across it alone, I think I expected a bit more, given how highly rated it is here.

We went quite late (9.30pm), and so had no trouble getting a table, but the table they did give us was in a corner awkwardly positioned next to the window in such a way that I had a pillar right next to my right arm. Sounds stupid, but this restricted me somewhat in how I was able to use my knife! No big deal, though.

I had the avocado in cheese sauce for a starter. I really enjoyed this: I hadn't had warm avocado before and had never thought about having it with cheese, but it worked really well. For a main course, I had steak tartare. I was a little disappointed with this - although it was tasty, the texture of the beef was much finer than I like and it was more mayonnaise-heavy than I prefer. Also, I found the addition of the potato wedges and huge salad a little distracting. I enjoyed the course nonetheless, but it's not one of the better steak tartares I've eaten. The real highlight, however, was the dessert: I had the trio of creme brulees - which were fantastic (one plain, one marbled with chocolate and one a kind of creme caramel). We had one of the house wines at 15 euros a demi and really enjoyed that, too.

As for the decor, I found this a big basic / even on the seedy side: there were pink neon lights. Also, I think the waiting staff were a little distracted (it was towards the end of the night, I suppose) - they were courteous and it was never hard to get their attention, but I wouldn't say it was the warm welcome others hear talked about.

Overall, I would go back here if I was in the area, but I wouldn't particularly rate it much more highly than many other restaurants I've been to in Montmartre.