“Made Paris”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Visited here in September so was extremely busy and hot in Paris. We decided to walk from one of the metro stations about 30 minutes uphill. We were very glad to be greeted by the friendly owner who moved us to a bigger table when my partner ordered the largest steak on the menu. We had pre-booked via email and got a prompt and polite response. Cooked to perfection and excellent value for money. It came with large homemade chips and 3 sauces. (peppercorn, blue cheese and onion gravy) We ordered an extra portion of sautéed potatoes and if you are 'garlic lover' these are definitely for you. Also had a bottle of red recommend by the owner and we were the last people in there but felt under no pressure and almost didn't want to leave the experience. Cannot wait to return. We may just fly to Paris for the day just to eat here! The owner and his staff should be very proud of themselves.

2  Thank nickylou1991
There are newer reviews for Marguerite

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We researched restaurants on our trip advisor app when we arrived in Paris and this was listed as the number one restaurant in Montmatre, so we thought we would give it a go. After finding it full the first evening of our trip, we rang up and managed to get a reservation for the following night and I'm so glad we did. The food was out of this world. Full of flavour, excellent portion sizes and a real spectacle. We went for snails and frogs legs for starters what with being our first trip to Paris, and as a fussy eater I can definitely say I'm glad I tried because the frogs legs were delicious! For mains at first we regretted not ordering the steak once we saw other tables having huge cuts on griddle boards right next to us, but once our duck and pork dishes arrived we no longer had food envy. The sauce on the pork was incredible and the duck was cooked to perfection.

The service was extremely friendly and the small restaurant made for a very romantic and intimate evening. If you are in Paris you must try this restaurant, but make sure you book, it is extremely popular!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had booked a table at this restaurant to celebrate our son's 30th birthday. It was his choice as he really wanted beef! The reception at the restaurant was friendly and the champagne we had ordered was forthcoming. We all enjoyed our meals although my only comment would be that the desserts did not match the standard of the other two courses. The French onion soup was excellent and the beef did not disappoint! This is a welcoming restaurant providing good value for money. The atmosphere was good - it was full but service was excellent and very attentive.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I made reservations by email about a month in advance and I'm so glad I did! The place is very small and intimate and as the night went on almost every table was full. We were some of the first people there with a 7pm reservation. And right after we showed up one of the employees came in with a basket of bread and let me tell you it was delicious! It was still warm and the best bread we had on the whole trip! We started with the frog legs appetizer which was so freakin good! We also got steaks. One ribeye and one Filet which were cooked perfect and tasted great. They give you 3 sauces which were also really good, but the steak was excellent by itself. And the dessert was the perfect end to an excellent meal. I would go back in a heart beat!

sducreux, Gérant at Marguerite, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for this warm review about us. We will be glad to welcome you back at Marguerite.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Really surprised by all of the amazing reviews I wonder if the chef was off sick but both the Confit duck and potatoes came out dark brown, burnt and very greasy. I've had perfect food before tonight from two restaurants rated somewhere in the 6,000/9,000 range before here which was easily the worst

sducreux, Gérant at Marguerite, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

We are really to read your comment. We always try to do our best to satisfy our customers. Be sure that we will be more careful.