“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marguerite - CLOSED

Marguerite
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Montmartre
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My partner and I were looking for a great restaurant in the Montmartre area. We used TripAdvisor (of course) and very glad we found Marguerite. I started with the Escargot - delicious! Then we shared Cote de Boeuf for 2. It was served on a hot plate and cooked to the perfection. Creme Brûlées for dessert! We were very pleased with our meal and the service was great. Decor is rustic; with exposed brick. Restaurant seats about 25; reservations recommended!

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Astonishing!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Had a last minute idea to go for frog legs and snails. My wife had seen a praise about this restaurant just a few days before we arrived in Paris. We arrived at 21:25 and the place was fully booked. Since it was a last minute idea we did not book but the waiter told us that a table would wait for us in 45-60 minutes. Exactly 50 minutes later we arrived again and the table was ready.
I ordered both the frog legs and the snails, once I finished the frog legs the snails were ready. Superb service! My wife had the duck confit and I ordered beef-onglet. The pepper sauce was the best I have ever tasted. This late night dinner blew us away, a wonderful end to a trip celebrating our 1 year marriage-anniversary. The food is wonderful and we would have tried the deserts if we weren't so totally full after that meal! They looked wonderful and the people on the surrounding tables really enjoyed them. The price is also really good.
Delicious food (duck, steak), excellent service (courteous, fluent in english), wonderful atmosphere (romance, laughs, friendly)! Definitively my favorite place in Paris! I will come back when I visit Paris again!

sducreux, Gérant at Marguerite, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are happy about your comment. Your review is a nice reward of our work. Thank you.
Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Small restaurant with amazing food. I was unfortunately stuffed after ordering the delicious Frogs legs and amazing steak, so I couldn't try any of the desserts, but it didn't stop me jealously looking over at the diners next to us who were about to start their main course after I had finished mine.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian and whilst there is only one vegetarian main course option she assured me it was very tasty.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I ate here with my boyfriend who said this was one of the best meals he has ever had, which made me pretty happy since I chose the restaurant based on these reviews. The service was great, very friendly waiter and lovely atmosphere - we turned up early just after they had opened at 7pm without a reservation and they managed to squeeze us in...and the food was amazing! Both the confit de canard and veal with gnocchi were delicious and I would definitely go back to try other dishes if we were staying longer in Paris since everything on the menu sounded good! The wine that we were recommended was lovely too :)

1 Thank Dotty412
sducreux, Gérant at Marguerite, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We will be delighted to welcome you back at Marguerite. Thank you for your nice review.
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really lovely, so glad we booked it was a full house. Food was great, desert was amazing! We had a 4 yr old with us and they made us very welcome, she loved her dinner ate it all. The wine was fantastic, and the 2 French guys were so kind and really made the effort with our daughter which goes a long way. Food was wonderful,best meal in paris. Thank you

Visited March 2013
sducreux, Gérant at Marguerite, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely comment. We also appreciated to welcome your family at Marguerite.