“Easily overlooked but a "must visit"”

Un Zebre a Montmartre
Ranked #1,484 of 17,407 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Neighborhood: Montmartre
London, United Kingdom
“Easily overlooked but a "must visit"”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I originally found this after I googled "best value bistros in Paris"

Our first evening meal in Paris was at Brasserie Flo, a very famous 100 year old establishment famed for its ambience and french cuisine. Very nice and very expensive. Our second 2 evening meals were spent at 'Un zebre' and the combined cost was less than our first night. You'll almost certainly wait for a table but it is definitely worth it with the added benefit of an extra pre meal drink or two.

Fantastic tranditional French food in a cool atmosphere with excellent bar and wating staff, and a bustling clientele. Menus are presented on blackboards with not many frills but the food speaks for itself, Braised beef is something i would not usually order in any restaurant but it was recommended and i would certainly pass on the recommendation. Very tasty with a lavely dauphinoise. The course pate starter was not only excellent but easily enough for 2 to share. A wide variety of wines by the glass, carafe or bottle to suit all budgets. After the meal, sat back up at the bar enjoying cocktails, cognac and espresso.

2 very enjoyable meals. The tables are close together but do not dismiss this establisment because it is small. As they says, "Some of the best things....." etc.

PS Chocolate fondant was fantastic

Visited December 2012

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Redlands, California
“Looks like a dive but the food is great”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Walking to a restaurant in monmartre we passed the zebra. I had read that it was a good bet, my husband said"you're kidding". I said it was on a list that I hadread saying that it was a bistro find. Looks like a dive but food is very good in a fun funky atmosphere. Live music on weekends.
Carol G

• Visited October 2012
cleveland, ohio
“5 stars for this fun, bohemian bistro with tasty food”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Plase has a funky vibe and a fun staff. We got crammed in alongside other patrons on a packed tuesday night at 7pm. I enjoyed the meal, although now only a week later I can't exactly recall what I ate..... but I know I liked it at the time! :)

Visited December 2012
ireland
“perfect paris”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Lunch here was the highlight of a short business trip to Paris. Our host got to choose the restaurants, and he choose well (look for my other reviews around this time). We had a hard morning's work completed when lunch beckoned. A crisp bottle of Cote de Provence Rose started proceedings. Food was excellent - wish I could remember the name of the dish. It was slow cooked beef with an onion sauce. Delicious. Others had the hamburger (which looked great). The waitress serving these four middle aged guys stole our hearts and had us wrapped around her little finger.
Great place, great value and great fun And did I mention the waitress?

• Visited December 2012
Woking
“Really good food and nice place”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

This really is a fab place for an informal meal. Short but good menu to suit all tastes and nice wine plus really nice atmosphere make this a good choice for dinner if you are visiting Montmartre.

• Visited December 2012