“The worst bar I have ever visited”
Review of Le Baxo - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Saint-Martin
UK
“The worst bar I have ever visited”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I cannot advise you strongly enough NOT to visit this bar.
The bar owner ('JP') is probably one of the rudest people I have ever had the misfortune to come into contact with, the same applies for the rest of his bar staff.
As well as unprofessional and unwelcoming staff the bar is small, has very little atmosphere and dirty - I certainly wouldn't eat here!
There are lots of bars and restaurants in Paris - so don't waste your time here!

• Visited May 2011

NY
“You can skip it”
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Not sure what kind of flavor cigars the other reviewers are smoking.

Started the meal w/ half bottle of Grand Cru Champagne, which was served luke warm.

Got the fruit salad. But I had to do all the cutting. The chef basically didn't do much other than gave me half head of a lettuce & some fruits.

Scallops were delicious, but not the sides.

Didn't order any dessert b/c I was way too disappointed.

In conclusion - if you are gay & fabulous, which I am, feel free to hang out here. But if you're a foodie, you can find better values in any of the Chinese restaurants that are 3 blocks away.

Hertfordshire
“Restaurant Very Nice, Shame about hostess”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

We went to this restaurant on Valentines day of this year. After looking at all the restaurants in our area we thought that this one would be very nice. As we got there we were greeted by the 'Hostess' , In a patronising way she pointed out the rose on the table is for the lady. "well derr". We went to our table and had a glass of champagne each. The Food was very nice, Best I had tasted in Paris.
The other bad thing about this hostess was that because there was a table next to us, she kept barging through and not saying excuse me. This really annoyed me and the fellow diner on the table next to us. I would recommend but only if this 'hostess' wasn't working that evening.

1 Thank kyle_melissa
Liverpool
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I have just returned from a romantic weekend in Paris!! A perfect evening in Baxo, perfect company, perfect atmosphere, perfect service and perfect food! What more can you ask for! I would definately recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a relaxed, cosy romantic evening!

1 Thank bluebird58