“An average bistro” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Cannibale
Ranked #9,076 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: République
Paris, France
“An average bistro”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had dinner here at the terrace by a beautiful summer evening in August. Ordered a mediterranean plate with lots of greek specialties. Neither bad nor very good. Average I would say. Nice wine. Polite service. Nothing to rave about.

• Visited August 2013

Madrid, Spain
“Bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I fell in love with the way this place looks from the outside. It seemed hip and funky, with good music. Then we were robbed by the staff, and laugh at for being Spaniards. We ordered the cheapest beer and the waiter served us the most expensive one because he wanted to. When the bill came, we told him about it and he not only did not fix the mistake but was also rude to us. We ended up having to pay more that we had to. It is too bad some people don't know how to treat their clients. I'm never recommending this place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Natatagv
Dublin
“Hidden Jem of Belleville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Beautiful little cafe in Belleville. Prices are a bit expensive, but it is justified by the ambiance of the cafe and the wonderful food. Stylish spot!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rome, Italy
“Hip Spot for a Drink and a Vegetarian Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was in Paris a few days visiting a friend and we went here for beer and dinner. It was really cute, especially inside, and attracted a young funky crowd. I appreciated the vegetarian fare on the menu. There were 3 vegetarian platters of which we tried the more middle eastern Mediterranean one (falafel, hoummous, tzaziki, grape leaf, etc.). We also shared a grilled vegetable sandwich with fries. It was well prepared and tasty food, nothing too surprising. I think the cost was high but that is probably just Paris and it was within reason which means maybe average prices?

Visited May 2013
Victoria, Canada
“Watch out for hidden costs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

First of all, this place is not primarily for eating, but for drinking and being seen, especially on weekends. Perched on the edge of Oberkampf in the 11the arrondissement, it's a favorite haunt of the young and the chronically hip. But I was hungry, so I ordered the formule at a reasonable 20 euros, which included entrée + plat. The entrée, described as calamars, was disappointing: I guess there was some squid buried in all that deepfry, but it was hard to taste, and the two tartar sauces were McDonald quality. The entrecôte, when it finally came (it was Friday night, and the young staff were outnumbered and flustered), was delicious: slightly burned on the outside, almost raw within, just like I like it. The surprise came with the bill: not 20 euros, but 27.50. When I requested the menu, I noticed that there was indeed an asterisk next to entrecote, and, in tiny print at the bottom of the page, the indication that there would be a 7.50 euro surcharge. Now the practice of adding surcharges to formules is common, but they're usually on the order of 3-5 euros. This was too much, and seemed intended to deliberately trick people (it certainly worked in my case). In short, with so many excellent restaurants in this neighborhood (L'Autre Cafe comes to mind), grab a beer here if you must, but eat elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013