“Don't bother!!”

Chez Clement
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: The irresistibly cosy and romantic chez Clément Opéra, located between the Garnier Opera House and the Olympia theatre, plunges you into the atmosphere of a genuine 18th century bourgeois home. You will immediately be won over by the charm of the dining rooms witch are numerous but all are different.
London, United Kingdom
“Don't bother!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

In Paris for business, five of us went for dinner to this restaurant near our hotel;a lunch there two years previously had been OK, so we expected dinner to be good. We were very wrong. After twenty minutes and several attempts to catch the eye of the waiter,we managed to get water, and after forty-five minutes,our order was eventually taken. Long waits ensued for drinks,wine etc,various dishes came and went as they were incorrect, and the final straw was when we asked for steak knives and I watched the waiter wander off, clearly having forgotten. I approached the Manager,feeling as angry as I have ever been in any restaurant in the world..(and my business takes me all over the planet, eating in many great and not so great places..)and let him know both in French and English that his establishment and the service were dreadful. We left shortly after, and will never return;and if you ignore this advice and decide to go to Chez Clement, pray that your waiter is not Christoph, who brings a new meaning to the word "surly."

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Can I get some ranch with that???”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

How can this place possible have 4 1/2 stars. Walk in, ok ambiance is ok, reminds me of chains back home that try to create a French country vibe. We get our menus, basically says roast chicken beef or pork, along with some salads soups, and desserts. How this place has 4 stars I don't know. So got the chicken... Dry, plain, blahhh. It's like they said what can we feed these Americans? Grilled meats and fries! Bummed, first time trying tripadvisor review, highly disappointed. Food was pathetic, better experience at mc Donald's

• Visited June 2012
Province of Cuenca, Spain
“Good on a whole, Prix Fixe Formula nothing special”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is part of a small chain and therefore has the implict defects of such chains. The food was good, not excelent, but the quantities in the prix fixe formula are very small. The waiters are over worked and it is difficult to get their attention but they did their best. It ended up costing the same as a much better resturant so I felt a bit cheated.

• Visited May 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good food, lazy staff.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was Ok : problem was the delay on taking our order. Waiters were not very friendly (same old french way) but I still recommend it as "boeuf" we haf was good and prices are affordable. Nice house wine ( red in our case).Give it a try.

• Visited April 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“AVOID. Ruined our last dining experience in Paris.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Looking for a nice place to spend our last lunch in Paris on Easter, we walked into Chez Clement - we were haphazardly led upstairs, where we were seated with reasonable courtesy. The place was veritably empty, bar a few couples, yet there was a huge clutter of staff walking around. The waitress, upon being told that we were not quite ready to order, rolled her eyes impatiently and left. Upon her return, my friend ordered a drink and said she was still considering what to eat, whereupon the waitress ripped the menu out of her hands and told us to leave! She said (in French, we luckily understood enough of this, as no one spoke even minimal English but snappy 'excuse me's when we were 'in their path' to collect our coats which were hung sloppily in between the tables) that they were a restaurant, and that we should not waste their time. We refused, and I insisted on an onion soup, which was far too hot when served and tasted like glorified saltwater with old bread floating under a layer of melted cheese. This, of course, was reluctantly served, and only after my friend's side of the table was very demonstratively/angrily cleared. Left as soon as we could, drinks untouched, soup sampled and found unsatisfactory for ANY price. Avoid at all costs.

• Visited March 2013