“good view, not more”
Review of Le Ciel de Paris

Le Ciel de Paris
Reserve with
Le Ciel de Paris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #713 of 17,770 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Expecting a great evening and romantic dinner we were fully disappointed.
The only very good thing, the view on the Eiffel Tower is great on the sunset. But before getting this u have to look for two hours directly into the sun and get almost blind.
At least this distract you from the worst service I ever experienced. They never poured us drink or give a new bottle of wine to taste it. It also looked like we got forgotten and waited very long. When we wanted to make a little break for desert, we were told, that we should hurry up, because they want to resell the table again. The toilets was one of the dirtiest I ever seen, including the ones on train stations. The food was ok but not more
Better go on the tower to enjoy the view, have a drink and go somewhere else to have dinner. We regretted to go there and wished the whole evening we were back on the 2nd platform on the Eiffel tower where we ate the evening before. Even it cost us double the price.

1  Thank Affolterli

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a fantastic evening at this iconic restaurant with gorgeous views of the Eiffel Tower.
We chose the Menu Grand Egran at 114euro each which included three courses and a bottle of champers per person.
Excellent value considering the presentation and exquisite dining experience with a guaranteed window seat.
I would advise to have a later sitting if the weather is hot as I found our 7.30pm booking was around sunset and the sun quite piercing through the window. But this is a tiny inconvenience to the experience of Le Ciel de Paris.
At night the Eiffel tower all lit up through the windows of Le Ciel de Paris is bewitching.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Having decided to go here for the views and drinks, this experience was completely ruined by the extremely poor service.
With obviously empty glasses, we were ignored by staff to request for another drink.

I asked Rudolph (bar man who eventually did serve us after we practically fell out of our chair trying to grab his attention!) We asked if he could kindly take a picture of us with the view in the back and he said "in a minute" and walked off and never came back!! How long does it take to capture a special moment?! I asked if he forgot to take our picture and he rudely shrugged me off - not even an apology?! Disgraceful.

Never have I experienced such ill mannered service when paying such premium prices for drinks.

Not worth it and so so please I cancelled my dinner reservation!

I do not recommend this to anyone unless they sort their staff and level of service out as it will only leave you with a very bad taste in your mouth...much like the peach bellinis.

2  Thank Sati V
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The view from this restaurant is breathtaking.. really ROMANTIC, considering that I was with a wonderful man, who surprised me with this awesome view of PARIS (which itself is considered one of the romantic city in the world)

The food was not really what I expected, but hey you don't go in this resto for the food...!
The waitress was really friendly and made us comfortable!

My man made my Parisien weekend just magically right with this resto as a start and ended it amazingly...!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Some of the reviews we had read previously on trip advisor had put us slightly off this restaurant. We went with fairly low expectations due to the reviews but we were totally impressed. The view as soon as you step out of the lift is breath taking, the whole of Paris is right in front of you. We opted to pay more to guarantee a table at the window, which was worth every penny. You would not want to visit the restaurant & sit anywhere but at the window.
The service wasn't excellent but it was ok. The menu is slightly confusing, we couldn't really understand what we were entitled to & even now, we’re still not totally sure we understand. It seems the wine is just drink what you want & the weightier will continue to fill your glass. We drunk lots & never had any additional charges.
We have no complaints at all about the food, the guinea fowl was particularly tasty.
€114 is what we paid per head which at first we thought was a lot of money. Now considering we had 3 lovely courses, 3 or 4 glasses of Champaign & 2 or 3 glasses of white wine each in the centre of Paris it seems like better value for money. Paris is pricey & your pay similar prices for that quantity of food & drink in most Parisian restaurants.