“Never tasted anything like it!”
Review of Le Ciel de Paris

Le Ciel de Paris
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Ciel de Paris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #643 of 16,978 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
London, United Kingdom
“Never tasted anything like it!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you can afford it, this restaurant is definitely worth the money!

The restaurant is located on the 56th floor of Montparnasse Tower and has an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower and the rest of the city.

The food was amazing and is definitely some of the best i have ever eaten. The dessert especially is worthy of praise!

It is a little pricey, we paid 150 euros for two courses and a bottle of good wine for the two of us, but if you can afford it i would recommend a visit.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Carrieres-sous-Poissy, France
“Extremely poor service for a so-called class restaurant”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had been before where the service had been good, how things had changed. We had to wait for ages to be served, the bottle of water had been forgotten as had the bread and the bottle of wine. Constant reminding for everything. I had been invited for my mother-in-law's birthday with my wife and son. Their "entrecote" had a lot of fat, the dishes were taken away as we thought to be replaced by a better portion but nothing ever came back. After much discussion, eventually they brought s replacement. Finally, we had to wait for coffee and the final straw came when the waiter did not bring back the change from the bill. I insisted and told him that the service has been a disgrace to the good name of this restaurant. Instead of "Ciel de Paris" perhaps "Egouts de Paris" would be more appropriate

1 Thank AndrewST16
Germany
“Perfect for special occasions”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our experience at Ciel de Paris. We heard about it through trip advisor and decided to look into it a bit more. After some research I booked it online through their website. Our night there was our one year anniversary so we were looking for something very special and romantic and this was fabulous for us. The view from this place is stunning and encompasses pretty much the entire city. We were seated at a window (as requested in the reservation) and it gave us a great view. I think you could sit anywhere in the restaurant and have a great view. Onto the food. The food was expensive but very delicious. I wouldn't say it's the best food I've ever had but it was delicious nonetheless. Very satisfying and we were well pleased. The service was fantastic. They made us feel so welcome and we felt like royalty. I can't remember our head servers name but he was awesome. Answered all our questions with a happy demeanor and was more than helpful. This was the top dining experience we enjoyed while in Paris. I would return here on another special occasion because it was a fantastic view with great food and excellent service.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank JasonTheDiner
Bangkok
“Our best meal in Paris”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to Le Ciel on last night in Paris based on recommendation of a colleague who studied in Paris before. We booked online through thefork.com (LaFourchette) and indicated our preference for a windows table.

We were lucky that we actually got seated on windows seat with stunning view of the light-up Eiffel Tower and Paris city at night. Anyhow, we feel that the balcony tables are also not bad as they are on the raised floor, giving winder view. Particularly, if you plan to go there with large group and the balcony area is more spacious.

Menu initially looked pricey but the taste, decoration and the serving portion were very good. We did not go for the set menu but instead went for a la carte. The service was very good. Despite the long waiting time before someone came to take order (which we have same experience through out our trip in Paris), the food came really fast (like a few minutes after we ordered). The staff was attentive and be patient our non-French speakers like us. We strongly suggest that you ask how the food is cooked (eg Grilled, pan fried, baked, braised, etc) to ensure that the food is consistent to what you feel like.

The wine list looked pretty pricey as we starts to know the price range of some wine after a week in Paris. We ended up went for the cheapest Bordeaux available which came out pretty decent actually.

Newcastle, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best view in Paris!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My boyfriend took me to this restaurant in September 2012 having pre-booked the Grand Ecran via the internet. What a fabulous place! The staff were friendly and accommodating with my broken French (however we did have a print out of our booking confirmation - I would recommend this). We were ushered straight to a table by the window, where we were able to see the skyline of Paris turn from day to night, with the lights of the Eiffel Tower coming on just as dessert was served. I had a delicious smoked salmon entree, while my partner had pate. Then we had the most delicious steak, followed by triple chocolate mousse cake. I am not sure what the usual drink situation is but we got engaged during the main meal and they continued to serve us champagne all night - I think we consumed about 3 bottles between us! The staff showed me to the toilet and helped explain the menu. Overall, highly recommended!

• Visited September 2012