“Perfect for special occasions”
Review of Le Ciel de Paris

Le Ciel de Paris
Reserve with
Le Ciel de Paris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #695 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our experience at Ciel de Paris. We heard about it through trip advisor and decided to look into it a bit more. After some research I booked it online through their website. Our night there was our one year anniversary so we were looking for something very special and romantic and this was fabulous for us. The view from this place is stunning and encompasses pretty much the entire city. We were seated at a window (as requested in the reservation) and it gave us a great view. I think you could sit anywhere in the restaurant and have a great view. Onto the food. The food was expensive but very delicious. I wouldn't say it's the best food I've ever had but it was delicious nonetheless. Very satisfying and we were well pleased. The service was fantastic. They made us feel so welcome and we felt like royalty. I can't remember our head servers name but he was awesome. Answered all our questions with a happy demeanor and was more than helpful. This was the top dining experience we enjoyed while in Paris. I would return here on another special occasion because it was a fantastic view with great food and excellent service.

2  Thank JasonTheDiner
There are newer reviews for Le Ciel de Paris

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to Le Ciel on last night in Paris based on recommendation of a colleague who studied in Paris before. We booked online through thefork.com (LaFourchette) and indicated our preference for a windows table.

We were lucky that we actually got seated on windows seat with stunning view of the light-up Eiffel Tower and Paris city at night. Anyhow, we feel that the balcony tables are also not bad as they are on the raised floor, giving winder view. Particularly, if you plan to go there with large group and the balcony area is more spacious.

Menu initially looked pricey but the taste, decoration and the serving portion were very good. We did not go for the set menu but instead went for a la carte. The service was very good. Despite the long waiting time before someone came to take order (which we have same experience through out our trip in Paris), the food came really fast (like a few minutes after we ordered). The staff was attentive and be patient our non-French speakers like us. We strongly suggest that you ask how the food is cooked (eg Grilled, pan fried, baked, braised, etc) to ensure that the food is consistent to what you feel like.

The wine list looked pretty pricey as we starts to know the price range of some wine after a week in Paris. We ended up went for the cheapest Bordeaux available which came out pretty decent actually.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My boyfriend took me to this restaurant in September 2012 having pre-booked the Grand Ecran via the internet. What a fabulous place! The staff were friendly and accommodating with my broken French (however we did have a print out of our booking confirmation - I would recommend this). We were ushered straight to a table by the window, where we were able to see the skyline of Paris turn from day to night, with the lights of the Eiffel Tower coming on just as dessert was served. I had a delicious smoked salmon entree, while my partner had pate. Then we had the most delicious steak, followed by triple chocolate mousse cake. I am not sure what the usual drink situation is but we got engaged during the main meal and they continued to serve us champagne all night - I think we consumed about 3 bottles between us! The staff showed me to the toilet and helped explain the menu. Overall, highly recommended!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The view is (literally) awesome. The interior is dated, but in a good way: you feel like you're in the baddie's lair in a Moore-era James Bond film.

But honestly, if you're selling dry martinis at €15 a pop, you really need to have waiting staff that have heard of a martini (it's right there on the menu) and bar staff who know how to mix one.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

1) Fantastic View
When I arrived the restaurant, I was fascinated with unforgettable view.
It was worthy to visit even though the price of food is so expensive thinking of food they served.
However, I dont think it's not needed to book the table next to window unless you propose.
2) Unpleasant clerk
I booked the table around 8 in summer. So I expect to see the fantasitc night scenery.
However, when I finish eating, clerk came to my table and ask me to go out only because of other people waiting. Therefore, I missed the chance to watch the night view.
It was the most unpleasant exprience during french trip

2  Thank dwankim