“Terrific Food!”
Review of Paris Hanoi

Paris Hanoi
Ranked #2,182 of 16,978 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Bercy / Nation
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrific Food!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I'm a bit surprised to read the two bad reviews here. I was eating at the crepe place across the street and noticed the line. Then walking past another time, I noticed another line. So I figured I'd better try this very popular place. Excellent Vietnamese food at excellent prices. We weren't rushed, and the service was very good. I'd definitely eat here again. The Creperie Breton across the street is really good too:)

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rome, Italy
“Will never go back there!! ”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Apart from the long queue outside, that apparently is inevitable in Paris, once you enter the place you find yourself in a very small, smelly and crowded place. It's difficult to order because of the very loud atmosphere and the service is awful!
I had a bobun with nem that was totally unedible, the meat was hard and rubber-like, the nem came obviously from a frozen package and the noodles were overcooked.
Hated it!

“Stomached”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

After having lunch at Paris Hanoi, both my husband and I got stomached and.....you know that. We've been here for several days and this is the first time that we undergo this kind of situation, so we believe the sanitary condition or the freshness of the material is in doubt. We felt so uncomfortable that we didn't take dinner last nightand went to bed directly. 我们昨天去了这家餐厅吃午饭,三小时后我们两个都开始觉得肚子不舒服,还有拉肚子。因为我们在巴黎已经待了几天了,没有类似情况发生过,所以应该是食物不新鲜或卫生不好所导致的。 因为不适,我们连晚饭也没有吃,直接上床睡觉了,但是今天早上还是没有完全好,真是太可恶了!

Lyon, France
“What on earth is this whole fuss about?”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been to Paris Hanoï plenty of times, mostly at lunch.
The food is ok, I mean compared to other Asian restaurants, it is indeed freshly cooked from good ingredients.
But come on, this place is so small, that it is almost impossible to have a table if you are more than 4 people in a group. FYI, it does not accept reservations.
Besides, it is very rushed and crowded. If there is a queue, you will have to swallow you meal in 15 minutes and go away, otherwise the looks of the people in the queue will burn you alive.
The prices are ok but again, I could find lots of places that are more relaxed and cozy for the same price.
I would totally recommend trying a DIFFERENT restaurant if you want to spend a nice night out with friends, unless you are ok with rushing you meals and quickly giving the table to someone else.
p.s. Also, be prepared to smell Asian food and burned fat when you go out, because there is almost no separation between the kitchen and the main room.

• Visited October 2012
Devon
“Good food, friendly service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We noticed lots of people waiting outside for a table on several nights of our recent trip to Paris, so decided to give it a try. We had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, but were happy to do so. The restaurant is small inside, and slight cramped - we were sat on the right hand side, next to the gap leading to the kitchen area and so had more space. The waiter/owner spoke excellant English, although there is no English menu. There was no vegetairan option on the menu, but he was happy to make me something without meat or fish, and ended up with a nice noddle based vegetable dish,. My partner has a spicy beef dish with rice and thoroughly enjoyed it. Portions are large. We also had a fresh spring roll each - and these were very nice. We shared a home made fig and mango tart and it too was very nice. We paid approx 40E and would return.

• Visited December 2012