“Good value restaurant”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I understand why this restaurant got its certificate of excellence. good value/ good service. i don't know if i would wait in a long line for this restaurant but fortunately i did not have to find out. i ordered the salmon dish for lunch -even though it was busy the service was efficient and patient and the food was fresh and good. i would recommend but try to come early so you do not have to wait on the noted long lines - i would recommend noon for lunch and around 7pm for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Kintaro Lamen

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We were very surprised how tasty the food was. Great flavour and reasonable prices. Where they lose that last point is in their atmosphere, or lack thereof. If this isn't as important to you and you just want a good quality Japanese meal, then definitely give Kintaro Lamen a go. It can be quite busy, so you can expect shared, cafeteria style seating. Again, if this doesn't matter, then play ball.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

There must be a shortage of decent ramen in Paris for this to get such a high rating. I wish I had done more research than the TA reviews on this place. We had the ramen with the pork belly. It hardly had any depth of flavor. All I could taste was watery soy broth and ramen noodle that was overcooked. We also had the gyoza which tasted frozen. It didn't taste fresh and had a mushy texture. The service was equally bad. We sat there for the longest time before anyone approached our table. And they weren't even busy. They may have better items on the menu, but as far as ramen goes, it's a no. I will definitely skip this place on my next trip.

3  Thank monkeydeux
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing, best meal for my third day in Paris!! I ordered the beef with cabbage and my friend ordered spicy pork ramen so good!!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

If we had walked down this street and seen this restaurant, we would have walked straight on - and missed something of a treat. However, we had decided to eat here based on fellow critics of Tripadvisor.

As is is, we were delighted to be sitting at a long table (perhaps twenty people) and choosing such fresh dishes. For anyone who likes real oriental food - try it. And walk away happy and with an unexpectedly heavy wallet.