“Great service! Good basic food for a lunch with friends.”

Au Rocher de Cancale
Reserve with
Au Rocher de Cancale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,464 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I enjoyed a number of great afternoons dining here with friends, enjoying a perfectly cooked entrecôte with haricot vert and a decent glass of wine. Great service, strong wifi and a waitress/waiter with a smile. Refreshing really. Can recommend as a great place to meet for a casual bite in a great location.

1  Thank LeesaSoulodre

Reviewed September 1, 2012

this restaurant used to serve good food. unfortunately, it has changed a lot. I ordered a cheeseburger, but the meat wasn't thawed enough ... I sent it back twice, because after waiting 15' it wasn't even warm when it came back. horrible moment for me, but also for the waitress who tried her utmost.
The other plates of my friends were acceptable, however one cannot call it 'cuisine', it is just food assembled together
I will never go again to this restaurant.

sorry for my english, I'm french

1  Thank TGK75
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This bistro on the Rue Montorgeuil was a highlight on our 3 days in Paris this time. We had a small table on the street. The waiters were very attentive and had taken our order and laid the table with no fuss. The entrees came quickly and were delicious - especially the grilled camembert with honey and herbs and the ravioli de royan. All the food was well prepared and presented and for 2 courses and a bottle of wine for 3 people, we felt it was 100 Euro well spent.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I'm a regular visitor to Paris & I love this part of the city. This restaurant always seems to be busy & the outside has undergone a fantastic renovation in the past year. I had a very average meal there a couple of years ago but I decided to try it again. The menu offers typical French bistro food which is exactly what I wanted. I opted for steak, frites & both were dreadful. The steak was tough & the chips were greasy & awful. I definitely won't go back...

1  Thank AineOL
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I chose Au Rocher De Cancale because I love Rue Montogueil, and I was looking for a brunch, not just a croissant. Its website promises brunch from 10am, but once I'd ordered a coffee, I then was told 'midi'. The need to update their website!
It is also undergoing external restorations, so it's lacking charm just now (Nov 2011).
Coffee was nice though.