“Will be returning!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Memere Paulette

Memere Paulette
Ranked #1,081 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
“Will be returning!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Wow! This place is certainly impressive!

As others have mentioned, meal sizes are large but delicious. Menu is fully in French, but the staff went out of their way to assist with translating.

Will definitely be returning on our next visit!

Arnhem
“Great food in a very nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Memere Paulette was the restaurant we certainly will remember. The kitchen was absolutely great and we felt very welcome in this nice restaurant runned by 4 very friendly guys.

Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious, ample & carniverously pleasing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We went there for my birthday dinner, and the experience certainly delivered. As a lover of pork, from the chorizo to my partner's sausage, I was in piggy heaven. Moreover the fois gras was perhaps some of the finest I've ever tasted – highly recommended! I do wish that my pork joint had been a bit more roasted, but the rest of the meal did make up for it.

I also have to compliment the service. They were very sweet, and seemed genuinely happy to serve. Even where there was a mix-up on dessert (and I had eaten the core of mine before I had realised their error), they happily brought out what I had ordered without missing a beat.

My one "complaint" was that the portions are immense. It's a shame that so much delicious food gets thrown out at the end of the day!

• Visited May 2012
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
“Tasty honest food - Casual relaxed place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Went with group of 11. Food was lovely, tasty, big portions served in casual relaxed atmosphere. I had shoulder of Lamb - very good with mashed potatoes. The Pork looked good too BIG PORTIONS Good choice of wine - the Pinot Noir from Alsace was very good for Euro25.

Couple of drawbacks. Don't sit near the door in winter. It was a COLD place. Also when we came to pay it was a bit too relaxed and chaotic. Lots of people queuing up at the bar reception to pay with one card machine.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Generous and Memorable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife and I hunted down this find after jotting down a glowing review from a local bookstore. There was an energetic vibe about the block that it sits one. Once inside, it was bustling. No one warned us about the size of the portions and we ordered away. Huge pot of terrine. (Or is it pate?) Delicious. Tender, perfectly cooked lamb. A gigantic, well-cooked tender roast (half!) chicken. Service was warm and friendly. Wine recommendations were confidently presented and right on. One of the owners hung out for a bit and treated us to a tasty dessert wine/port. Definitely looking forward to the next time to relive the experience.

• Visited December 2010