“Delicious Atmosphere”
Review of la mere lachaise

la mere lachaise
Ranked #6,175 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belleville / Pere Lachaise
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a French friend. I wasn't sure of the menu but she suggested the Carbonara pasta. Wow! It was excellent. The sauce was thinner than you get in the states. It was creamy without being sticky. Very light. The Bayonne ham was generously sprinkled on top with extra cheese. I was unable to finish it because of the large portion. This was a very satisfying lunch without being heavy. I would recommend this to my friends!

There are newer reviews for la mere lachaise

Reviewed October 16, 2012

After visiting Le Pere Lachaise, we had lunch at this restaurant - unassuming from the outside -. It was a great experience to have a nice meal of great value. For $13.50 for entree+plat (or plat+dessert). My entree of 'salade de gesiers and magret de canard' was excellent and of manageable size so I was able to enjoy my plat which was 'raie with capers sauce' . My husband had terrine and then a faux filet. It was a bit chewy -can't expect a filet at that price. But the French fries were fresh, golden and crisp. We added one dessert: a home made apple pie to end our meal. Friendly staff. The restaurant offers set daily specials so if you re in the mood for boar stew go on Wed and choucroute is served on Thu! Definitely a redo for us when in that area.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

After having visited the Père Lachaise cemetery we chose to walk a couple of blocks away from the closest restuarants for our lunch. We thought this could be wise and were indeed proven right. This local restaurant was very agreeable, excellent food and good service. We tried tortellini casserolle, langoust terrine and grilled dorade (a flat fish). Total cost for 4 including glasses of wine/beer was only 105 euro.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

The restaurant is nice and there is some place to stay outside and you can enjoy that during summer ! Salads, meat dishes are ok. However, most of the time, this is a little bit too fat unfortunately. However, portions are big and the ingredients are quite nice compared to other restaurants that just take their products from the supermarket. Most of the deserts are home-made and especially tasty. The drawback is that portions are very big !

In addition, the service is really nice. They seem to serve brunch during the week end, I never tried that, but seems to be quite good.

Reviewed May 16, 2011

We had brunch here on the terrace in the sun. Really lovely. We went there before visiting Père Lachaise witch is only a few metres further away. Very nice place to start the day.