“the restaurant was clean but smaller than our garage”
Review of Tien Hiang

Tien Hiang
Ranked #843 of 18,127 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Saint-Martin
Description: The restaurant is closed for the holidays from August 1st to 31st included. Reopening on September 1st. Thank you!
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went in search of vegi food and were a little disappointed to find the place is not totally vegi. The food was overall good although the constant ringing of the microwave dinger somewhat put a damper on things. The meals arrived at the table at various times, my food was cold by the time the children's meals arrived. The waitresses also wore a variety of outfits from shell suits to marks and Spencer which gave the place an air of charity soup kitchen. We have a large oriental community at home in Manchester and have excellent restaurants, if this place opened in the UK it would close quite quickly.......bit of a let down

3  Thank englishlandowner

Reviewed September 20, 2012

An amazing variety of fresh vegetarian food, in an excellent atmosphere which is relaxed and friendly, a rarity in Paris :-). We have been put-off so many times, by the stand-offish attitude and inflexible menus in most restaurants, that we almost did a double-take at the friendly staff in Tien Hiang. The food is very good, and the variety offered is plentiful and tempting. We liked it so much, that we went back in two days, to try some different dishes :-)! We were not disappointed in the least. Warning: book your table in advance, esp on the weekends. They are always going full!

1  Thank Anu V
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I have now become regulars here! We both love it! I am a vegetarian so wanted to try it but my boyfriend is not vegetarian and even he loves it! We've now been about five times. The staff are really friendly and service is excellent, quick and always with a smile. The young guy that works there is particularly friendly and always recognises us. The food is delicious and there is sooo much to choose from I always spend ages having a look before I order. All food is vegetarian even if on the menu it says 'beef' skewers or something for example it is really just an imitation soya based type thing, as I said before my boyfriend is a meat eater and even he loves it. Personally I would definitely recommend the 'brochettes de boeuf a la citronelle' or the 'nouilles croustillantes' as a main course. My boyfriend loves the soupe Phnom Penh and a spring roll as a starter. Also make sure to drink a jus de coco with your meal it's lovely!

Furthermore, prices are excellent one of the cheapest restaurants I've eaten at during over a year of living in Paris.

2  Thank Lauri A
Reviewed June 18, 2012

small restaurant with few table so it's better to go there early or to book before
it's near belleville.the menu has a good choice of asian dishes rivisitated in vegetarian style(but some dishes have too much sauces for my taste, this is the only thing I didn't appreciate).anyway good food a small price in Paris .I advice to try the set menu for 11 euros

1  Thank pinnychan
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is the best place we ate in Paris. As we are both vegetarian we were keen not to go to any non-veggie places as our French isn't good and we didn't want any misunderstanding. As soon as we walked in they brought us over an English menu. There was a young lad and an older woman who both spoke English, and an older again couple who didn't, but were still plenty friendly.
The menu is excellent, such a great range to choose from, and so reasonably priced (another reviewer said it was expensive- not so). We had two starters, two mains, two sides and two drinks for just about 30€. Compared to some other places we thought it was great value. The food was all so lovely and freshly cooked, yet came quickly, and the portions were decent sizes. Very tasty, we both enjoyed it all immensely.

4  Thank Julia S