“Above average Japanese food”
Review of Sushi Gozen

Sushi Gozen
Ranked #2,869 of 19,404 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

3 of us went for lunch. My wife and I had sushi/sashimi dishes, which came with miso soup and pickles for starters. My son had a donburi which came with gyoza. Portion sizes were good. Service adequate. With 2 green teas, a coke, and 2 portions of edamame it came to 65 Euros, which is probably reasonable by Paris standards, but a bit pricey where I come from. I thought everything was a little under-seasoned (no salt at all on the edamame), possibly in deference to western thoughts about cooking with salt. My wife and son both thought everything was delicious.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed March 3, 2017

This is a very good value for money sushi restaurant. The sushi is good and exceptional value for money. The menus are around €20 and you get a great meal.
The restaurant is spacious, comfortable and relaxing.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Gozen is one or two notches above the average parisian sushi joint. I had the gyoza menu for 16€50 and my friend had a sushi maki menu for 20€. It's a couple of euros above the average but the quality and the presentation was far above. I really enjoued the dinner and will go there again for sure!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

One of the best sushi for the price I ever eaten. I am often in Japan for my work and usually I am very sceptical about the sushi in Europe with the middle range prices (for sure you can have extremely good ones if you pay a three digit price for one person consumption).
This place has really impressed me. It was if I was in Tokyo (OK in Tokyo miso soup is maybe given in larger quantities). But the fish quality was exceptional, it was quick and the personnel was very nice.
Now it is my place to visit regularly in Paris. By the way, the place is held by a genuine Japanese family.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

Nice authentic restaurant with great taste, from the sushi to the sake. In a quiet street in Montparnasse, we joined the local crowd to enjoy a superb sushi sashimi sensation.

Date of visit: May 2016