“Disappointment”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was disappointed. Not by the food though, because we didn't manage to try it. After reading all those positive reviews, we rode the metro across Paris and waited 10 minutes in line just to be told that the restaurant is finished for the night. It was 20:30 on a Friday night, so the "Late night" option listed above is certainly not true. Will give it one more try tomorrow.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Myself and my wife visited Bong Korean BBQ Restaurant whilst staying in Paris to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
There were quite a few restaurants in the area around our hotel but with being lovers of Asian food we thought that we would try a Korean BBQ restaurant for the first time.
We arrived at 9 pm to find that he restaurant was full, but as we had booked a table for 9 pm the manager apologised and gave my wife and myself a complimentary glass of fantastic Korean rice wine. After a 5 minute wait our table was ready.
We had spicy squid for starters which was delicious and there was lots of it.
For our main meal we had a mixture of duck and beef that had been marinated and ready to cook on the BBQ that was sunk into our table.
The BBQ meat had arrived on our table with numerous side dishes and bowls that contained delicious dips, vegetables and rice to accompany the BBQ , luckily there was a Korean lady eating at the table next to us, so I studied what she was doing for tips on the correct way to eat the extensive range of items.
The food was delicious,fresh and plentiful, this was washed down with some Korean (Hite) beer and some more of the fantastic rice wine (I'm upset that I didn't get a photo of the rice wine bottle so I could try to get hold of some here in The UK).
All in all Bong Korean BBQ Restaurant is a lovely clean restaurant with out of this world food and friendly helpful staff.
The next time we go to Paris we will definitely eat there again and hopefully I'll remember next time to get a photo of the rice wine.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I went on a Thursday evening about 8p with a reservation for table for 10 and was a little pressed for time (2hours - this is typical french service and eating time) so I was worried I wouldn't have the chance to eat my food.

However, to my surprise and delight, service was fast and courteous. I had a taste of everything I could as I have been missing the Korean food from back home and haven't been able to find a place that served the meat raw and you self cook it on a sizziling hot plate. This place did not disappoint.

We had #17 bulgogi and #18 kalbi, as well as a taste of a friend's #22 porc. It was all very well seasoned and we received a generous portion in Paris terms. With the sides of kimchi and the rest of the condiments, I did not leave hungry. I did, come out smelling like sizzling meat but it was worth it for the delight of authentic Korean food. I will have to try the Jobchae next!

1  Thank Chinga06181977
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Maybe a 2.5

I've eaten a lot of Korean food in my life, and this one was a real disappointment. Service was so-so. We ordered a couple servings of Galbi so that the server would cook it. We ended up doing the cooking and cutting ourselves. But the worst part was the quality of the meat - just kind of tough with a strange marinade.

The side dishes were average, but I would have liked more variety. And the kimchee was pretty old and on the bubbly side (good for those of you that really like the fermented stuff). It was also cut up in huge pieces.

Was really looking forward to this, but it just didn't pan out.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Thank you Tripadvisor for highlighting this one to me. I was with friends I had not seen for a long me, driving 1h to meet, so I wanted to make sure we have a great evening together. I can tell you I was not disappointed: very friendly Korean personel, punctual (I had to book a table for 9.30 due to overbooking, and at 9.30 sharp the table was available and set), and above all tasty Food with Korean Hite beer. We had a delicious spicy squid salad as Starters then Korean BBQ for all. All of this for decent prices. I highly recommend this place. Only downside: the BBQs on the tables release a lot of smoke which sticks to your clothes for several days.