“Very nice food in central left bank location”
Review of La Ferrandaise

La Ferrandaise
Ranked #336 of 17,892 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The interior of the restaurant is quite quaint, however as previous reviewers have noted, the tables are incredibly close together - so close that they have to pull the table out so you can get in! Fellow diners seemed to be mainly tourists and older - while the restaurent certainly had a nice ambience, it didn't have a real hip and happening vibe!
The food is really delicious though - both our entrees and mains were fantastic and generous in their serving size - I can definitely recommend the pork. We asked for a glass of wine to match our dinner, and the recommendation was really great and matched perfectly. The service was friendly and prompt.
We weren't feeling particularly hungry so only opted to only have 2 courses....but the price was almost the same as though we had taken the prix fixe 3 course menu, so from a value perspective, this would have been a better option.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was very much looking forward to this Michelin and Zagat rated restaurant. The welcome was warm and we got to choose our table. Tip, book ahead.
We had the fixed price menu which was so cheap, though have to warn you that it isn't an extensive menu. The starters of foie gras and boudin noir was fantastic and so was the tomato tartin with cheese. The mains were veal in jus which was also very good. And then they left is alone for 40mins, completely forgot our dessert.
Much apologies later, the dessert came. I have to say that the entree and main were brilliant, but the dessert was just ok. Like all French restaurants, you can easily eavesdrop on your neighbours conversation.
A recommended place to go.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The tables on the banquette were close enough that we chatted with our neighbors, a French couple and another from New York. Delicious food and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went by myself to the restaurant and had the ?34 menu, with starter, main course and dessert. Wine was not included! Had a wonderful foie gras terrine with pea ice cream as starter, pork ribs with carrrots pure as main course and a white chocolte cake with orange soup for desert that was to die for! Frendly staff, nice but crowded room. Would defenitely go again! Michelin star restaurant.

1  Thank Lygialauand
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was a nice enough restaurant in a very central location. The staff was congenial and the space itself very pleasant. Wine list comprehensive and reasonably priced. I started with a roasted tomato tart which was pretty good. It was made interesting with the addition of some smoked fish. Wife had lentils. the lentils she had at Ambassade d'Auvergne were much better. My main was a pork chop with a nice reduction sauce and a side of whipped sweet potatoes. The meat was a bit on the tough side- lets call it pleasantly chewy. My wife had beef stew which again was good. Nobody's socks got knocked off here. Desserts were chocolate mousse for the wife. Follow Julia Child's recipe and you'll have a better one. Mousse means foam- it's supposed to be light. This one was entirely too heavy. The filling on my Paris-Brest was too runny. I've had the Paris-Brest at Bistro Paul Bert and that will remain my touchstone for this dessert. In summary, this is a competent place frequented by locals. They are trying to put out a good product and, in fact, they do succeed in that respect. If this place were near my home, I'd be a regular. However, there are no fireworks here. Most of us only have a few days in Paris at a time and I won't put this one on my return list.