“Very bad Valentine's Day!”
Review of American Dream

American Dream
Reserve with
American Dream is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14,112 of 17,292 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Opera / Bourse
Description: Le restaurant AMERICAN DREAM accueille un nouveau Chef de Cuisine : Charles Lellouches. 30 Ans d'experience aux Etats unis, pionnier de la restauration americaine, Charles Lellouches prend les renes des cuisines du restaurant L'americain Dream a Partir du 1er aout 2013. L'american Dream est le plus grand espace Americain de Paris : avec 1000 m2 et 450 places, l'American Dream vous propose la meilleure cuisine US et Tex Mex et un sushi bar californien.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very bad Valentine's Day!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I was really thinking that I am going to spend a good time with my wife but it was awful. I had in mind the good time spent 20 years ago. Tone of pepper in the first plate and then more than 2 hours for having the main course. Don't expect to have better treatment and meal with taking more expensive menu as we did. I unfortunately do not recommend this place and very sad to say that. I hope that this sincerely written experience will make reactions on their side. The place is nice, the waiters too but the cooking and management should think about clearly improving their performances

1 Thank Alexandre M

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Almost the only place opened near Opera on Sunday afternoon ”
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

After unsuccessful atempts to get in other places near Opera that had higher scores by Tripadvisor but unfortunately were closed on Sunday afternoon, we ended up in American dream which otherwise wouldn't be our choice. The place was full and we had to wait for a table. Prices do not mach the quality of food. The beans in my Chilli con carne were not properly prepared (quite hard) and the dish lacked spices. Waitress was an apprentice, but helpfull and kind, trying to speak English.

Moscow, Russia
“This hole of a restaurant must be closed forever”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We wanted to go for a quick simple bite and hoped to see something like Hard Rock Cafe or TGI Fridays...but noway this place could be ever even close to these well known brands. This is CRAP HOLE! Do not go there! This place should be closed forever! Bad food, dirty tables, arrogant staff!!! We seriously thought of involving police because we didn't want to pay for our bill
and got screamed at by their staff. Terrible place!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Andreijijulia
Perth, Australia
“Honestly they failed at simple nachos?!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Worst nachoes we've ever had.
Firstly they refuse to make their 'taco tower' for us as they couldn't be bothered ( but offered for us to purchase all the same tacos separately - costing 3x the price!)

When we ordered the nachoes instead (1 chicken & 1 beef) we received bowls of crap.
The chicken is disgusting and the beef is in strips and tough. There is no sour cream and the cheese was the packet cream cheese which is horrible. And at 12€ each it's ridiculously overpriced!

If they fail at simple nachos then I an afraid of what their other menu options would be.

Avoid at all costs. I'd rather have gone to bed hungry.

• Visited January 2014
Paris, France
“Do Go! Dirty and very bad service”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Just want to say: Don't GO!!! It's quite easy to be attracted by its decoration, but when sitting down, we can already feel something wrong. For my case, I went to this restaurant last night with some friends, the first thing I noted immediately was that their utensils were not clean, I have even found something sticked on my fork, so I asked one mister (guess he's one of the patrons) to change; guess what, his first reaction was "Why"? A ridicilous service attitude!!!!!

• Visited December 2013