“Great food!”
Review of La Gare

La Gare
Reserve with
La Gare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,654 of 17,520 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Passy
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Great food, expecially the smashed potatoes... very tasty and delicious;
No need to reserve a table, it's very big.
Waiters are kind.
You can eat even if it's 10 pm
I've already eaten three times and I keep going there when I'm in Paris on business. It's near where I live and I can go there even if it is late.
Nice atmosphere!

There are newer reviews for La Gare

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I don't know if it's just because I ate here ages ago while I was in school but it left a great memory for me. I love the concept of converting an old train station into a restaurant with the tables on the quai and the old tracks. I can't speak for any of the food except for the chicken, mashed potatoes, and chocolat fondant. For all I know they don't have that on their menu anymore but if they do, get it!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

La Gare was transformed from a railway station to a restaurant. It is a great place for a drink and quite popular with the local BCBG (young preppy French) set. Being in the upscale "seizieme arrondissement" it inevitably attracts an upscale clientele but no harm in that.

The bar is quiet, with comfortable seating, and has a great patio outside at the back. It is definitely a gem, with knowledgeable multilingual barmen who know the difference between the different wines they serve and will rustle up a martini if that's your drink.They will talk if you want to (and can be quite amusing) but will be discreet if you prefer.

The restaurant must be on some guidebook because it has quite a lot of tourists, but some Parisians too. The food is good, somewhat overpriced. (They have an innovative pricing system where you can pick a starter plus a main dish, or main dish plus dessert, for one price, or starter-main dish-dessert for another.) I found the service glacially slow. Moreover, when the waiter brought our bottle of wine he also opened a bottle of sparkling water we hadn't ordered -- no big deal, but I don't like feeling like the price is being jacked up for no reason. (It's not that he thought we were tourists. The table was talking accent-less French.)

All-in-all the restaurant side of things isn't quite up to the bar, but it is still a very good night out. I enjoyed it.

Five stars for the bar, two for the restaurant, an average of three.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Probably will come back with kids. Restaurant is spacious, made in old train station (fun for boys). Food was done well, but choices were boring, same staff you can in your hotel.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

A lovely old converted train station with an impressive exterior (views of the Eiffel Tower as you emerge later).
Menu looked ok at first glance but some of the specialties (great mash potato apparently) were not highlighted on the English language menu.
We arrived around 8pm and the restaurant was empty, 2 hrs later it was full, hence we got served really quickly. The Foie Gras starter was ok but needed to be a little less chilled. The lamb main course was ok but only a fried eggplant for sides and no options on the menu so although the lamb tasted fine there wasnt much of it so more bread required to feel sated !
Service was prompt, not arrogant at all, and the wine at €40 was good.
Trying to get a taxi back to the hotel after was a nightmare despite there being a taxi stand just across the street, oddly the restaurant didnt seem interested in ringing for a taxi for us.
I am 50/50 a bout going back, there are plenty of less expensive places with better food so i think they would get my business in future.