“Not bad food, great service”
Review of AlKaram

AlKaram
Ranked #14 of 17,515 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The food is not bad, especially when you haven't had lebanese food for ages, though some of it was not very fresh. But still tasteful.

Service is excellent, fast and without hovering. Attentive.

The decor is not overdone Mediterranean, just enough to give a flavour.

4  Thank Dutch-Mikey
There are newer reviews for AlKaram

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We enjoyed the food in this hotel, and the price was equally fair. The wine that was offered went down well with the meal and we chose the hotel based on the comments on this site. We made sure that the owner of the restaurant was aware of the same. We called to reserve and there was no one to respond but a voice message told us to place our reservation. We were warmly welcomed and enjoyed everything about what was proposed.

Le patron était vraiment disponible et la plus c"'est que ils parlent anglais. La nourriture était bon par rapport au prix.

1  Thank Sporty_Gourmande
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Al Karam is located down a small side-street a few hundred meters from Metro Vaugirard. It's not a neighbourhood with too many eating options, so I was pleased to see several detailed reviews in French of this restaurant.

The service is relaxed and casual, but very professional indeed. The staff seem to have mastered the knack of being attentive without being intrusive, which makes for a very enjoyable dining experience.

The restaurant itself is quite small, and decorated in a typical Parisian neighbourhood restaurant style, but with a few lovely and unexpected touches: antique boxes and musical instruments o display here and there.

As for the food... In absolute terms very good, and for the price, quite outstanding. I had the €18.50 'Menu Al Karam', which consisted of: a mixed starter with six different things to try including the best Houmous I have tried anywhere; a main course with two types of kebab and a delicious salad; a selection of Lebanese pastries; mint tea. Everything was very good, and the portion size was just right for a hungry business traveller (that translates as pretty generous, I guess).

With a half-bottle of Lebanese rose, the total bill was €29.00, which is very reasonable indeed for Paris.

I will be back again next time I'm in the area, and I would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Jeremy O
alkaram2014, Gérant at AlKaram, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2015

See you soon
The direction

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I live about 10 minutes down the road, and usually come here when the fridge is empty :-)

The food is delicious and incredibly generous for the price tag. The mezzes are very good, as are their menus that include mezzes and grills (and desserts and the inevitable mint tea :-))

A bottle of red Kefraya always sweetens the deal, and the staff friendliness makes us come back every time !

The services is perfect, fast, and the place is cleanly and soberly decorated.
After about a dozen visits I still have to find a reason to criticize this place...

If you're looking for a quick and easy meal out, affordable and delicious, then go here !

See you soon
The direction

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We walk by this restaurant occasionally and decided with our friends, why not give a try. So, we went. It's a brightly lit restaurant on a side street. The management and waiter were extremely nice.

After we perused the menu we noticed that they the pre-fix menu a "mezza plate" for 18€ not bad. It also came with tea. 3 of our friends opted for this pre-fix, while I got the 28€ mezza, so we could all see the difference, and also share what the lesser one did not have. The difference was basically I got one additional appetizer, a fresh curd cheese, and more skewered meats.

The appetizer mezza plate was beautiful. When he first served my dish I asked if it was for all of us to share, and he said no it was mine. I was pretty shocked at the quantity, and we had 2 more courses coming. Then 3 other plates came and it was almost just as large filled with tabouleh, houmus, kefta, fallafel, chesses, and a salad... It was was really good. Nothing out of the ordinary, but good.

Then our main dishes came, and we had skewered meats of beef, lamb and chicken. They were a little bit on the dry side, so I asked if he had some tzaziki, he said that's greek/turkish, oops. But he went back to the kitchen and within 3-minutes came out with his version of tzazki and it was delicious. We used it to moistened our meats.

Next came ta variety of Lebanese desserts laden with honey and mint tea.

All-in-all a great neighborhood restaurant, not fancy, not exceptional, but very good basic Lebanese food and very reasonably priced.

2  Thank RandydeParis