“Great omelettes!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montparnasse
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We ate here our first night in Paris. We were very hungry and chose the place because it seemed pretty popular and the portions on the already served tables seemed really big. We had two of the many omelettes the restaurant offers and we were very satisfied. Great service also.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We excitedly approached this restaurant with our teenage kids on our first visit to Paris, with the numerous accolades of truffade and aligot. We stared out with French onion soup which was okay... Nothing special. Next we tried the sausage, also just okay. Next came the barrage of gamey meats and gooey mess of potatoes (aligot), which after one taste no one would touch. These were a starchy, weird goo similar to gum consistency. The duck was raw and inedible. I will concede that the truffade was good, but after a few bites it was hard to eat because of the richness. The worst was the salad (which contained in uninvited inhabitant). While I understand this can happen, I could not get past it, or the odor of this salad (Chèvre Chaud). The cheese was cold and the salad was just not good. We decided to hang in and try the deserts because they looked good on online in the photos submitted and we hadn't learned our lesson yet... The apple tart was boring, flavorless and cold. The creme brûlée was also mediocre and cold. Lastly we got an ice cream with hot chocolate which was a scoop if vanilla ice cream coated with some kind of nut and a hard chocolate shell (remember magic shell?) Like another individual who commented here similarly to mine, I have never commented on a restaurant on this site but in this case I had to. This dinner left me feeling ill. I'm glad others like it, but it was not for us.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We both had salads but they were enormous. Recommended restaurant. Average Paris prices but very good and friendly service.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a great restaurant that offers food typical in the Auvergne region of France. The portions are VERY generous and very rich so make sure you go with an empty stomach. Most dishes come with either 'aligot' (cheese and mashed potatoes blended together) or 'truffade' (more like crispy scalloped potatoes mixed with cheese). I ordered the Choux Farci A L'aveyronnaise with truffade, which was a cabbage roll with sausage. It was delicious and I'd order the same dish again. Perfect with a pint of beer! Love the ambiance, food, and would highly recommend going for a very French experience!

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Visiting from U.S.

The wait staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating. The food was good, and the atmosphere was pleasant.