“Best macarons in Paris!”
Review of Pierre Herme

Pierre Herme
Ranked #3 of 317 Dessert in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
“Best macarons in Paris!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We ended up to buy desert three times in this store during our 4 days in Paris. Expensive but totally worse it. Try Isphahan if you will have chance.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York
“Get the Ispahan”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I came mainly for the Ispahan and I wasn't disappointed. The combo of rose, raspberry and lychee was delicious without being overly sweet! It was by far my favorite macaron during my entire Paris trip, but rightly so because it was also the most expensive macaron during my entire Paris trip. One individual serving is €6.90, but you'll understand why when you see how many fresh raspberries and lychees are packed into the dessert.

I know some people fall on either sides of the spectrum when it comes to Ladurée versus Pierre Hermé, but I think both are good depending on what kind of macarons you want that day. That being said, I think the macarons here were a tad bit more special because of the unusual flavors. Plus, I can get Ladurée in New York, but I have to fly across an ocean to get a taste of Pierre Hermé.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank framboise8
“One in every colour”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

There was a line of 6 people outside. We were very curious: all that fuzz about a few small cookies? Once inside this very small shop we saw the beautiful cakes and of course the famous macerons. We took 7 in a nice white stylish gift box (?12,50 in total). And 2 for the road ;-) I was hoping for some ready to go giftboxes, but I didnt see any.

Munich, Germany
“THE absolute best in the world”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Pierre Hermé is in a league of his own. His pastries are never ever a let down and his ispahan croissant is an absolute steal. I appreciate his devotion to his craft and the proof is in the taste. He's also one of the few who is willing to help others by sharing his recipes and skills, so he can help further interest in his passion to make it even better, which makes him a artist of flavor.

If you purchase one of his books be forewarned many pastries take a lot of work and time, coupled with the best ingredients explains why they don't come cheap.

This little luxury is worth the trip to Paris and that's saying a lot. Try the Jardin 2013 grapefruit, clove, nutmeg flavor. It's exquisite, but then, they all are.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank duellema
Norfolk, Virginia
“Best Macarons in Paris!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Went to Pierre Herme as part of a tasting tour - easily the best macarons in Paris. So much better than Laduree. Got to try some flavors I normally wouldn't, and was impressed by all of them (especially the Rose and the Licorice). If you can only get to one place for macarons in Paris, skip Laduree and go to Pierre Herme!

• Visited October 2012