“Lovely Restaurant!!”

Ranked #5,731 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Les Halles
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant on a Wednesday evening and were greeted at the door by 2 ladies working front of house. I apologised for not speaking French very well but we all had a laugh as they both read out the menu to us trying to meet somewhere in the middle so we all understood what each other were saying. The food was delicious, perfect comfort food for a cold winter evening. Half way through my main, my necklace (old and held together by a cotton thread!) broke apart and all the beads fell on the floor, the table and towards other guests. The restaurant is tiny but immediately the 2 waitresses had the broom and torch out and were looking everywhere to piece the necklace back together. On top of this, a few customers who I guessed were regulars started to look for me as well. I was overwhelmed by their hospitality kind nature - they even gave me their contact number so I could call them the next day in case they found anymore beads after closing. This is a lovely, small, cosy restaurant in a brilliant location, reasonably priced with gorgeous food. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Like the old days of Paris, this is a great little find. Hearty, tasty traditional French dishes. Liver, duck, crème brulee, good wine, nice service.

A no frills, charming little restaurant which is a lovely haven from the insanity that can be Parisien streets. We would go again next time we visit this amazing city.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Le Gros mine is a small unassuming restaurant tucked in a small street by the Centre Pomidou. It is quaint, local, and a real find. The food is everything we anticipated French cooking would be, and is a must stop for us when we are in Paris. From the first Wild Goose in Blueberry sauce 10 years ago to Roasted Quail recently, we love this restaurant. Because it is local, expect Frech service. That is, you go to dinner to enjoy each other's company, not to rush through your meal.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Smack bang in the centre of Paris next door to the Pompidou and Im thinking Ok, My toutrist trap radar had been activated ... sat down in very french cafe waiting for the obvious ... poor service , over priced food and then something that has been flung together with whatever has been cheapest or quickest to serve.

Wrong, wrong and wrong again ... this restaurant was simply the best meal I have ever had in Paris and definitely in my Top 5 of all time.

Staff great , food amazing esp the gratin ... mmm , and the experience here opened my eyes as to why french cuisine and Paris has been labelled as the city of Love x x

Ps Did I mention the creme brulee and tart tatin? Yes I had both :)

Thank you Le Gros Minet or should I say merci beaucoup !

See you soon

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A very funny and special bistro. Very frindly staff and great,simple food - excellent bread and the vin-de-bistro was really nice.