“best steak iv ever eaten,and the best hospitality.”
Review of Le Cafe qui parle

Le Cafe qui parle
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Cafe qui parle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,047 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Belfast, United Kingdom
“best steak iv ever eaten,and the best hospitality.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The staff were so welcoming, even though we hadn't booked a table they managed to squeeze us in, waitress and manageress spoke English, explained what the specials were and gave us recommendations, quick to serve us a 'amuse bouche' for free, very good wine list, at 3 different sizes, per glass, per 50cl carafe, or bottle, so we could mix and match with what ever we were eating. The steak was beautifully cooked to perfection, potatoes and sauce amazing, have not eaten better. After a starter and main course we managed dessert and coffee, good value for money, the most expensive thing is the wine. For a couple on a budget city break we would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Steer clear of brunch”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Brunch at this place was nothing to write home about... Bread and cakes were not fresh. Same goes for the industrial orange juice and coffee. Apparently the espresso machine is not part of the brunch deal, so you will have to do with filtered coffee. The experience reminded me of breakfast in a budget hotel. At 17,50 per person I would expect something more than this. Not to mention the fact that some of the dishes were not ready when we left at 11.30.

• Visited November 2012
Wilmington, NC
“Friendly staff and delicious food”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were staying at the Mercure Hotel in Montmartre and I wanted a restaurant near the hotel for my four sisters and myself. This restaurant was two blocks from the hotel on Rue Caulaincourt. After signtseeing all day, we arrived at the restaurant at 9:30 pm. It was crowded with a young, energetic clientele. No tables so we ordered a bottle of wine and sat at an outside table to wait for a free table inside. They turned on the heaters and by 10 pm, we were seated. Our waiter was off on his vacation the next day so he was so much fun. We all ordered from the daily specials. I had a wonderful fish dish, savory mushroom soup, and some nice white French burgundy wine. It is the kind of neighborhood restaurant you would visit again and again. We felt very much welcomed.

Bellingham, Washington
“Best meal in Paris!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant was recommended in the Lonely Plant Paris book and you will know why if you go there. It was DELICIOUS!! The service was also phenomenal. The waitress took her time to explain each dish to us in English (since my French is not the best). I ordered lamb and my boyfriend ordered steak and both dishes were outstanding. I honestly can't remember the last time I had such a good meal. This is a must if you are in Paris. There are thousands of restaurants to choose from but I really think this one is up there in the top! For 2 people it was about 75 Euros but if you want to try the food for a little cheaper they offer lunch specials for about 1/2 the price of dinner. They also have a recommended Sunday brunch but we didn't get to try that.

Arlington, Virginia
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I recently had dinner at Cafe qui parle, based on a recommendation of our concierge. Yum! The restaurant was nearly empty, though we were there early by Parisian standards -- we arrived around 7:30pm. The other groups in the restaurant appeared to be locals. It had a very neighborhood feel. I had the Iberian pork in a honey sauce and my husband had the steak tartare. The steak tartare was very tasty, but the Iberian pork was amazing. It was definitely the best pork I have ever had. The only thing we did not care for was the wine we chose. The service was also very good!