“It was quiet, but it was really good.”
Review of Le 14 Juillet

Le 14 Juillet
Reserve with
Le 14 Juillet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #225 of 16,991 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle
“It was quiet, but it was really good.”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

We went Sunday evening on our last night of a 4 day package with Riviera Travel. It was quiet, there was something unusual about the air quality but wasn't off putting. The staff were really friendly and took their time to bring the menu, hand written on a chalk board, and explained the whole menu meal by meal, course by course. Wine was good and, unlike a previous establishment not that far away, was better priced. We were given bread and sausage as free nibbles whilst waiting to order and more bread later. I had the "Gambas" and "Lapin" and both were really nice. My wife had the goats cheese starter and sea bass main meal and again they were really nice. We had read about the famous "profiteroles" and it didn't disappoint. I say "it" because you only get one but you would only be able to eat one. We shared one and couldn't finish it, it was so large. We then had coffee and were given two liqueurs "on the house". The final bill, which include 3 carafe's of red wine was less than €90.00 which we thought was excellent value. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant and will definitely return on our next visit to Paris.

• Polish first
Hong Kong, China
“Great friendly Atmosphere, but please change your butcher!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Went for diner with family. The atmosphere of the tiny bistrot is great, like you feel in Paris, ready for a great meal with a good choice of food and wine. The problem comes with the "onglet", usually a tasty piece of beef, which does not allow for poor quality raw material. It was tough and not tasty at all. It was probably far too fresh. Please go to your butcher and get some aged "onglet"... For the rest, its a great place

Warsaw, Poland
“Typical French restaurant, where 'typical' is a compliment”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I bet it looked the same 50 years ago (apart from digital photo frame on the restaurant's counter). Worn wooden furniture, funnly lapmshades made of items usually not expected in restaurants (like petrol funnel), young staff speaking English. There's not much space, and that's another thing you'd expect. The food is in my opinion very typical French, not to my liking in fact, but my friends were very happy with lamb, foie gras and profiterole (gigantic one, defintely to be shared). Your photo is taken and uploaded to digital frame, where it stays for days, so be careful who you go with :)

• Visited December 2012
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Friendly Service and Fabulous Food”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The place lived up to expectation!

Our group of six was warmly welcomed. Knowing only little French, our waiter patiently explained to us our menu.

I had the fish espada main. It was delicious! My companions ordered, veal, duck, salmon etc.. all of us enjoyed it thoroughly.

Wine selection was good. We had two bottles of red wine. The fromage platter is definitely a good accompaniment to the wine.

Visited October 2012
Paris, France
“Just Go Here”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've never written a restaurant review in my life. I eat as well as I can but I'm either too lazy or afraid of exposing diamonds in the rough for mass consumption. But, if you're on the left bank you've got to try this place. I've been here a couple of times now and the food impresses me with each time I return. The service itself is reason enough to come back (My French is terrible and the first waiter I had, offered to read me the entire menu in English). Try the goat cheese entree that has been drizzled with honey and the rum steak, rare. Just go here.

• Visited June 2012