“Just Go Here”
Review of Le 14 Juillet

Le 14 Juillet
Reserve with
Le 14 Juillet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 17,424 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Paris, France
“Just Go Here”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I've never written a restaurant review in my life. I eat as well as I can but I'm either too lazy or afraid of exposing diamonds in the rough for mass consumption. But, if you're on the left bank you've got to try this place. I've been here a couple of times now and the food impresses me with each time I return. The service itself is reason enough to come back (My French is terrible and the first waiter I had, offered to read me the entire menu in English). Try the goat cheese entree that has been drizzled with honey and the rum steak, rare. Just go here.

• Visited June 2012

• Polish first
Chateauneuf de Grasse, France
“Just OK”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We went at lunch time. The restaurant was full and very noisy. The service was poor (mistakes in our orders...maybe because new staff). The "patron" was looking very stressed. Food was OK and good value for the lunch menu. Wine was overpriced.

• Visited June 2012
Brighton. England
“A little Gem”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is just how you imagine a small Paris Bistro to be. Small but adequate menu. Excellent friendly service (English spoken if required). Well cooked and well presented meals. We went on a Saturday having booked in advance via the interweb, just as well - it was packed! Everyone in the place was French which speaks for itself.

Pricewise: 2 three course meals, 2 bottles of wine, 2 coffee's and cognac = 82 Euro. Not bad for Paris.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank mattandchris
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“We read the reviews”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My partner and I were in Paris to celebrate my 40th and wanted to find somewhere traditionally French to have dinner. She had a look on the site and found this place as it was fairly close to our hotel and I'm glad she did. On our first night we decided just to head out of the hotel and find somewhere, thinking that Paris would be awash with simple Bistros serving French Onion Soup and Mussles. WRONG! After an hour of looking, we gave up, found a bar and had Steak and Chips.
We'd planned to come here on the second night and hoped for something better. Which is what we had. As we were checking out the menu and trying to translate, the waiter (owner?) came out and helped us in perfect English. His friendliness coupled with the recommendation of the local who went in ahead of us, persuaded us to go in.
We were glad we did. The atmosphere was relaxed and it felt traditionally French (not a pizzeria like almost everywhere else!) The food was simple and well proportioned. I started with the Terrine, which basically came in a help-yourself dish from behind the bar with a basket of bread and pickles, whilst my other half went for the the platter cooked meats. Both were simple and nice. For mains we both went with fish. Again, these were simply cooked but tasty.
Overall, it was exactly what we were looking for. Traditional, un-fussy and tasty. Obviously, being a Capital city it wasn't cheap but a weak Euro did mean we were getting slightly better value

Would go again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank cheeseaddict
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
“Very French, very friendly, good honest food”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, not touristy, extremely friendly staff (throw away any ideas of snooty Parisians when you walk in here), plentiful food at sensible prices and you can pick a good wine at a sensible price too.

Visited April 2012