“A little Gem”
Review of Le 14 Juillet

Le 14 Juillet
Reserve with
Le 14 Juillet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 18,127 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This is just how you imagine a small Paris Bistro to be. Small but adequate menu. Excellent friendly service (English spoken if required). Well cooked and well presented meals. We went on a Saturday having booked in advance via the interweb, just as well - it was packed! Everyone in the place was French which speaks for itself.

Pricewise: 2 three course meals, 2 bottles of wine, 2 coffee's and cognac = 82 Euro. Not bad for Paris.

2  Thank mattandchris

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My partner and I were in Paris to celebrate my 40th and wanted to find somewhere traditionally French to have dinner. She had a look on the site and found this place as it was fairly close to our hotel and I'm glad she did. On our first night we decided just to head out of the hotel and find somewhere, thinking that Paris would be awash with simple Bistros serving French Onion Soup and Mussles. WRONG! After an hour of looking, we gave up, found a bar and had Steak and Chips.
We'd planned to come here on the second night and hoped for something better. Which is what we had. As we were checking out the menu and trying to translate, the waiter (owner?) came out and helped us in perfect English. His friendliness coupled with the recommendation of the local who went in ahead of us, persuaded us to go in.
We were glad we did. The atmosphere was relaxed and it felt traditionally French (not a pizzeria like almost everywhere else!) The food was simple and well proportioned. I started with the Terrine, which basically came in a help-yourself dish from behind the bar with a basket of bread and pickles, whilst my other half went for the the platter cooked meats. Both were simple and nice. For mains we both went with fish. Again, these were simply cooked but tasty.
Overall, it was exactly what we were looking for. Traditional, un-fussy and tasty. Obviously, being a Capital city it wasn't cheap but a weak Euro did mean we were getting slightly better value

Would go again.

1  Thank cheeseaddict
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Lovely atmosphere, not touristy, extremely friendly staff (throw away any ideas of snooty Parisians when you walk in here), plentiful food at sensible prices and you can pick a good wine at a sensible price too.

1  Thank RosemaryE
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Compared to some other restaurants, the age of the staff is on the young side here. This gives the place an air of enthusiasm. All the waitstaff were friendly with all the tables I could observe. Needless to say, the food was traditional French but a cut above the usual Parisian fare. It is open seven days a week for dinner, which is rare for small Parisian restaurants.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

I was taken here by some french colleagues, for a work lunch. The food was excellent, and i would recommend it to anyone looking for good bistro food at not expensive prices.
The restaurant is a bit pokey, but the service was attentive without being intrusive and was also quick.
I had the salmon for my main which was delicious, and for dessert i had the tiramasu which i would say was one of the top V tiramasu's i've ever had... (and i've had a few tiramasu's in my time!)
some of my colleagues ordered the profiterole's with the homemade chocolate sauce...they looked scrumptious but like a meal in themselves!

3  Thank rubanoz