“Wonderful looking Pastry”
Review of Laduree

Laduree
Reserve with
Laduree is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #422 of 17,424 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Description: "AN EXEMPLARY BACKGROUND - the history of Parisian tea rooms is closely linked to the history of the Ladurée family. Everything began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, man of the Southwest of France, miller of his state, created a bakery that became a pastry shop, at 16, rue Royale in Paris. The highly theatrical decoration will be entrusted to Jules Cheret. THE FEMININE TOUCH - under the second empire, with the development of Parisian cafes, Jeanne Souchard, wife of Ernest Ladurée, had the idea of mixing genres: the café and pastry shop, giving birth to one of the first of the great Parisian salons. INFINITELY MORE THAN A PASTRY SHOP - this place full of history with a refined atmosphere charmed David Holder and his father Francis, founder of the Holder group. They decided to buy and then promote and expand the famous Establishment, the Mecca of Parisian culinary creation."
Atlanta, Ga
“Wonderful looking Pastry”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

When a macaroon costs close to 4EUR it has to be delicious. It was. That was all we tried personally but the cakes looked spectacular with prices that indicated special occasions only.

Visited October 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Brunch and macaroons, parfait!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I had brunch here on a Sunday morning (many places are closed on Sundays, even more during the morning). What a treat! We splurged and both got the brunch: fresh juice, choice of coffee/chocolate/tea, several delightful pastries and rolls with jams and butter, fluffy moist scrambled eggs, a little jar of yogurt, two thin tea sandwiches, fruit salad, and three macaroons of your choice for about 37euro pp. everything was lovely and delicious! Beautiful ambiance, pastel china, and an intimate setting (yes you will be very close to the other patrons). The blue jardin tea was exceptional; I bought a box to bring home. It was quite a bit of food, you might consider sharing it and adding an omelette or another plat. It was a perfect way to end our trip. We plan to return when we are in Paris. If cost is a factor, stop by in the afternoon for a pot of tea (6,50 euro) and a dessert.

2 Thank KatieCole
Markham, Canada
“Macaroons are a 'must-try' here”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Open since 1862 and famous for their macaroons, my husband & I decided to try our first macaroons in Paris' Laduree and were very happy for it! We started with 2 large macaroons-- the caramel (my favourite) and vanilla were to die for! Also bought a few of the mini macaroons to try some other flavous (lemon, pistachio, almond & praline) and they were all scrumptious.
Although on the pricey side and some crazy lineups, it's worth a visit to enjoy when you're in Paris. We found the large macaroons are a better value for your bites. We didn't eat at the cafe (so busy) ...just bought 'to go' and it was the best way for us. We also bought a pretty pistachio pastry but it didn't taste as yummy as the macaroons. Pretty packaging too...go for it!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Anyliz
Leeuwarden, Friesland, Netherlands
“a strange experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I looked forward to buying my macarons and a few other things. I expected it would be a fancy happening, a real experience, especially for those prices.

First of all, I was a bit annoyed there was such a long waiting line, the line moved quite fast though and it gave me enough time to make up my mind about what I wanted to get. But when it was my turn, I got serviced by a very insecure intern of very... slow... understanding...

I tried ordering in French, English and even tried pointing out what I wanted, but she picked up the wrong things constantly, I persisted until she got my (quite simple) order together. She had to be corrected by a colleague/manager constantly, picking the wrong packaging for just about everything... I tried to order the napoleon box in a green color, but I felt so much pressure to hurry up that I settled for the black one (again she picked up the wrong item, and held it up looking at me with a that questionmark look on her face)

In the mean time I felt the pressure to hurry up, because of the people behind me and that manager or colleague who was correcting the girl and urging her to hurry up.

When I stood outside again, with my empty wallet and laduree bag, I had bright red cheeks and I felt hot and confused, pushed trough the store like cattle... What the [--] just happend...
I did not feel fancy, happy, satisfied, well serviced, all the things you go to laduree for... That was very dissapointing.

I have to admit the macarons where very nice and so were the ispahan and the tea. I've kept the lovely boxes.

• Visited March 2012
“Excellent food and ambience”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

A short wait in the Q. Food was great! Macaroons were delicious, service was impeccable, ambience was excellent and we were spoilt for choice in terms of dessert! worth going there everyday!